University of Miami honors program?

I was wondering if anyone knew anything about an honors program/college at Miami. When I went on the tour, the admissions guy said that there was no honors college because everyone who was accepted had reached that level. However, after reading some threads, I’ve seen some stuff about honors. Can anyone explain what the deal is and, if Miami has an honors program, what are the requirements? Thanks!

There is an invite only honors program, called the Foote Fellows. I am one, and we are exempt from cognates and have special, optional, foote fellow courses. You are invited to apply for Foote Fellowship after you are accepted by UM if you are a top applicant.

What do you need to be considered for it?

There’s no specified requirements, I was just invited lol I had a 34 ACT, was in top 10%, and had 8 5’s and 2 4’s on my ap exams if that helps

Son graduated a few years back. He was a Foote Fellow, as described above, but also in the Honors Program. He had requirements to take a certain number of honors courses. A professor could also make a regular course into an honors class upon request of a student, required additional workload for that student. Foote Fellow is a perk without requirements and optional seminars and organized activities to attend. Look online for info on the honors program to see if it still exists.

Honors program is a separate program from Foote Fellow as stated above. Son was awarded Foote Fellow and Honors Program, no application to apply to either. Younger son was awarded honors Program at almost all schools that had it, but he opted out of it. Didn’t need any extra work in his double majors.

http://www.miami.edu/index.php/honors_program_home/general_requirements/

The honors program that you specified (at least to my knowledge) doesn’t exist anymore. It was replaced by the Foote Fellow program, at least that was what I was told

Thank you everyone!

No honors program anymore. Only Foote. You don’t need to do anything. The U will invite you. You need to be very academically diversified (already very strong in English, Math…). Good luck!