University of Miami Maintaining GPA (HPME)

<p>Hi,
I was recently accepted into the um HPME program (honors program in medicine). They said I need to maintain a 3.7. I am a mostly A student in high school, but that was also because I was involved in a lot of activities. I was wondering how hard it may be to maintain a 3.7 while still maintaining a social life and being involved in research as well. I haven't decided where I want to go, because the gpa requirement is higher than most other programs and it is kind of scaring me and deterring me slightly. Any advice or opinions?</p>

<p>Maintaining a 3.7+ GPA is difficult. It means you have to average 4 A’s and 1 B every semester.</p>

<p>However, if you want to become a doctor it is a sacrifice that must be made.</p>

<p>If you are going to sacrifice one thing on that list, it would have to be your social life. There are some pre-med clubs that can benefit you for getting into med school and also making up for lost social life.</p>

<p>I will say this, anything is possible if you work hard for it. Three of my frat brothers at UM went on to become doctors, and they definitely had their share of fun. Work hard, play hard. I can’t say if they were in that program or not, but to get into med school you need a fairly high GPA.</p>