University of Miami Medical Scholars Program

Hi, I was accepted to U Miami in Early Action I am very interested in the Medical Scholars Program. I just want to know, what exactly are my chances of getting into this program? I was a B+ student at a private school and had an ACT of 34 and I was offered a partial scholarship at Miami. I’ve also had a lot of lab experience over the past few years I also got into other places like Colby, NYU, and Colgate and the only way I can go (mostly because my parents won’t let me go otherwise) is if there is a legitimate shot of getting into this program. I would LOVE to go to Miami but having a good chance of getting into this program is really the only way I can justify it to my parents. Thanks

You apply to the program after sophomore year… Pretty sure high school grades/test scores are of little if any relevance.

You need a minimum 31 actually
http://admissions.med.miami.edu/md-programs/medical-scholars-program/prerequisites

Keep in mind, admission is not guaranteed. You still need a pretty competitive MCAT score to matriculate.

thanks. sorry for mentioning my high school scores, i thought it would help paint a picture of what kind of student i was

Oh it’s alright!

Well it depends how hard your school was? Was a B+ considered good there?

Regardless of GPA, a 34 ACT shows you are naturally talented. If you put your mind to it, you should achieve your goals.