University of miami merit based scholarships

<p>recently accepted to frost school of music, and was wondering if anyone knows if miami is known to give good scholarships. My grades and test scores are good but i'm a music student so I'm probably not as competitive as someone who is only focused in academics. BUT I need money. </p>

<p>SAT: 1310
GPA: 3.97 Unweighted
Class Rank: 8/214
I go to a fine arts high school and I interned in a cancer research lab last summer.
10 AP Classes
2 letters of rec for music from my private teacher and band director
4 letters of rec for general admission: 2 english teachers, counselor, and chem teacher I had for 2 years</p>

<p>Unfortunately your stats are a bit below the numbers needed and if you haven’t heard yet you likely are not going to be getting anything. Did you get notified in your acceptance letter of any scholarships you were still under consideration for?
Good luck. Getting accepted to Frost is quite an accomplishment and you should be very proud of that. </p>

<p>They said all merit scholarships are being sent out next week, and I know frost has their own merit scholarships as well, so I’m just keeping my fingers crossed.</p>

<p>I’ll be checking canelink and my mail every day now!</p>

<p>Does anyone know when Frost School of Music merit scholarships are coming out? A week ago they said “in the very near future”, but they haven’t been posted yet. Anyone have any idea of when they will be posted? </p>

<p>Is it possible to ask to reconsider me for a scholarship?</p>

<p>Last year scholarships weren’t announced until after April 8th so hopefully you’ll hear some time this week.</p>

<p>Anyone hear back yet about scholarships?</p>

<p>Finally got my FA package, didnt get any scholarships which is weird cause I transfered in with 62+ credits with a 3.68 GPA, which is honors from the college i graduated from (penn state branch campus) but the school is giving me 24,880 in grants and their offering me another 9,000 in loans so im at 33,880 right now. Hopefully I can come up with another 30k to attend! Im curious as to why I didnt receive a scholarship?</p>

<p>^^ did they meet your EFC #. Normally they try to reach a number so you can pay your expected EFC.
Some time they ran out of Merit $ since most of the Scholarships are already announced for ED, EA and RD students. So they must have offered you Coral Grant, Stafford Loans, Work study, If you are a Florida Residence then some Florida Grants…</p>

<p>I honestly cant remember my EFC #, im assuming its right around there, this is what I got offered:</p>

<p>Federal grant - 1,000
federal work study- 3,000
coral grant- 18,000
federal pell grant- 2,880
federal perkins loan- 1,500
federal direct sub loan- 5,500
federal direct unsub loan- 2,000</p>

<p>total coming to 33,2880</p>

<p>Since they giving you Pell grant then your EFC # should be much lower like <10-12k.
You can find that info likeEFC under Award Summary and a link called Shopping sheet on the left side on Cane link…</p>

<p>^^ I cant seem to find that link, i called miami last week and they said they are still sending out scholarships and if I dont see anything to call back this tuesday so im hoping today or tomorrow I see one from them. Its weird I didnt see any presidential scholarship with 62+ credits and a 3.68 gpa</p>

<p>just found out my efc is around 2800 so im suprised as to how little miami actually gave to me, crossing my fingers for a scholarship still!</p>