University of Miami Transfer Fall 2021

Probably not… already committed to a school and miami took too long to get back to me

I applied to the school of communications and I’m still waiting as well sigh

my bf heard back yesterday he’s a fl resident but goes to college outside of fl w a 4.0, 33 act and a 4.0 in hs. he submitted on march 24 and it was ready for review on april 7th

Yay! Did he get accepted? how did he know his app was in review since the 24th

yes he got accepted, he emailed his admissions counsellor and she told him he was gonna hear back on the 9 (yesterday)

Will he accept the offer?

Guys I would like to know is the president scholarship the only scholarship transfer receives. They don’t give more than that? if overall cost is 71k per year president scholarship is only 19k.

Have you applied for Financial Aid on the application?

yes, I’m still waiting on a decision. I noticed that the people who got accepted only say they got a president scholarship that is about it. As an out-of-state NYC person I know I will struggle if there is nothing else being offered

the president is the only scholarship they offer for transfer. If you applied for Fin. Aid they can offer you a job on campus and something like a loan, you should hear back from the financial aid office

yeah he did

Someone in this thread said that the latest decisions that come out are next Tuesday via a call to admissions. Did anyone else call and ask?

BlockquoteI “just called and they told me that the last day to receive a decision is June 15”

did anyone else call and ask?

I called yesterday and they said the same thing. June 15 is the last day

I hope they still have space avaible

Gotcha. So I assume decisions should be coming out today then, hopefully? I submitted everything like 10 days after the priority and I know it was completely rolling admissions.

Ya facts, did you ask if they still had space?

also, hopefully they read our essays

Lady who answered me yesterday on the phone wasn’t helpful at all. She said there was no official last day and it could take a week or multiple to hear back . She sounded fed up but not sure why she would provide false information.

Thank you for your continued interest in the University of Miami!

Due to the high volume of applications received decisions are being released later than usual. I can see that your file was completed on 4/12. You should have a decision within 4-6 weeks.

Thank you for your patience

I got this 6/3 so they are telling me I won’t get a decision until July. I would email whoever your admissions officer is. Cause that’s the best way to get your answer