University of Miami vs. Miami University

Hi everyone. I’m currently a rising sophomore and attended Miami University of Ohio this past school year. I had some doubts throughout my time at Miami University and thought that it wasn’t exactly a perfect fit. Because of this, I applied to a couple schools over winter break to give myself options in case I wanted to transfer. I was later accepted to the University of Miami and really became interested in the school. I visited a few weeks ago and absolutely loved the campus and overall feel of the school. I plan to study Finance and have a strong interest in investment banking as a career. How do you think the University of Miami stacks up with Miami Ohio? I think ill like being in Miami a lot more, I’m just not sure if its the best decision academically.

It depends on your major but UM is generally better thought of academically than MU and there is more to do outside the classroom in the city as well, ranging from south beach clubs to cultural activities, whatever your intrested in. Urban environment also bodes well for networking and job opportunities.

I’m majoring in finance

According to Bloomberg’s Best Undergrad Business Schools, University of Miami ranks 31 and Miami University’s ranks 40, so it seems that academically University of Miami is the better decision. Also as Cane615 said University Of Miami offers many internships in finance because it is a major city. Good luck whatever you decide!