University of Miami Waitlist 2026

Hi guys! I’m starting this thread for everyone who was waitlisted this year. Has anybody heard back yet from UM regarding waitlist decisions?

1 Like

I would give up. Nobody will get off.

1 Like

Pretty sure they waitlisted tens of thousands this year

1 Like

No one should expect wait list responses until after May 1. They can happen earlier but you should not expect. Many go until July.

Last year they offered 13k and only admitted 13.

Of 41k applicants, let’s just say they are not very selective when it comes to WL.

Like all schools, know that you were rejected. WL is a hedge for them if they miscalculated on yield. It also likely come with no aid as most are need aware so they won’t choose who needs $$.

Hey, I haven’t heard anything yet. I did send a Letter of Intent, to which my counselor responded that letters of intent, letters of rec will not be used. very eager to hear back from them.

2 Likes

Anyone get off the waitlist yet?

haven’t heard back yet

Hey all, I just wanted to come on here and post the final admissions statistics for the incoming class…
Admissions saw 16.7% increase in applications
Acceptance rate: 18.6 %
Average SAT:1440
Average ACT:33
Best of luck with getting off waitlist!

6 Likes

Got an email saying they r at Full capacity but I am headed to the Gate so bye bye yield protectors like U Miami and Northeastern who is now asking why I am not going after being accepted off waitlist). Stand by your principles , go where u r wanted for who u r !

1 Like

Was that information in the email or did you get an email to check your portal or it said it was at capacity once you went into the portal?

Got accepted off the waitlist for the spring semester! i ED, then got deferred, then waitlisted, now accepted! So excited! Financial aid coming in around mid-July. No test scores, didn’t submit senior grades, and GPA was about 86/100, my school doesn’t do ranking, but wrote letters of continuous interest and had a bunch of extra curriculars! My college office told me to stop thinking about Miami because they weren’t taking anyone off the waitlist but yay! Going to Penn state in the fall for 1 semester then going down to Miami. Who else got accepted? Fingers crossed about the housing situation!!

5 Likes

Email .