University of Michigan EA Class of 2025

@wiscokat Check out this short thread on restaurants and other stuff.

A2 is one of the best college towns in the US. For hotels, they’ll run the gambit from out by the mall (3 miles away) to the Graduate and Residence Inn, which are a few blocks from campus. There’s also a newer 4-level YMCA within a couple blocks and a gym is a necessity for me. Those are the two hotels that I tend to stay at since they’re close to campus and my D’s apartment(s). There’s also a few B&B’s close by as well. And we’ve also used AirBnB too. But that was all pre-Covid.

For me, being a big sports nut, I felt like Rudy’s Dad seeing ND stadium, when I saw the Big House for the first time. Crisler (b-ball) and Yost (hockey) are awesome venues too. But you won’t be able to get into them. I’ve run the bulk of the town and beyond campus, the neighborhoods are cute with old beautiful architecture. UMichigan loves brick too, so there’s a ton of brick buildings. The Biological Sciences is a new building and Student Union was just refurbished. I haven’t seen it yet due to a Covid.

Tours always take you through the Law Quad, and it’s library, which is beautiful and also goes across the bridge to visit Stockwell (for sophomores, reminds me of Hogwarts) and Mosher Jordan (MoJo) dorms.

Central Campus is just one big rectangular block with buildings where most of the LSA classes are taken. I’d also drive by West Quad, East Quad and South Quad which are considered the best dorms on Central. All remodeled. South Quad is where honors and most of the freshman athletes live, though some live in West (West is Best) Quad. :laughing:

Also, pre-Covid, the town/college ran the Michigan Flyer, a nice bus service from the Detroit Airport to the Blake Transit center. I used it all the time. The bus ran every hour or so and cost about $22 RT.

1 Like