University of Michigan EA Class of 2025

2-4 weeks. Packets might be sooner.

1 Like

My D told me the decision to her application is “postponed”. This is the school she really wanted to get in. Thanks for not accepting her so I do not need to pay $$$ OOS tuition for a public school.

I have no clue UM is so competitive.

I think UM is crazy to deny an OOS student (who would pay $$$) with ACT 36 and SAT 1570 (both one setting) and GE summer intern experience.

5 Likes

Err… I am not Michigan… Just a dad trying to help out. There is no one from the University on this thread. Might want to email the school. But saying that… About 50,000 EA applications with about 15,000 RD ones to go. Lots of kids are OOS and can be Full Pay so your in good company. The avg household at Michigan is something like $165,000.

Many, many kids get deferred or what they now call postponed. About half the class is taken in EA So around another 1/2 to go… Releases are usually monthly till April. If you don’t want to stay in many here would love your spot. Yes, Michigan is a very competitive school to get into with the avg GPA /Stats for general studies that can compete with most schools engineering department stats. It’s QS world ranking I think is 21… So it’s a pretty good school. It also runs like a private school. Few publics or Private schools have over a 12 billion dollar endowment.

Good luck to your child

6 Likes

I’ve addressed this above, but just like other top schools, UMich isn’t going to fill each freshman class with all 4.0/1,600 type students. That’s not in their plan.

Instate/OOS, male/female, school of choice (LSA, CoE, Nursing, Education, Kinesiology, STAMPS, Ross, SMTD, etc.), 1st Gens, Pell Grants, representation from all 50 States, International, and on and on. And roughly 300 (4%) student-athletes are represented in UMich’s recent freshman classes.

10 Likes

wait im confused. I was reading this thread and people say RD decisions come out in waves? So will there be an RD wave this month, next month, and April?

If it follows the history of what Michigan does. Yes.

Does the first wave tend to reply to all who have gotten in their grades and update in time? Do some get a repostponement, or are they accepted or rejected at that point? Thanks

Ok. If I got deferred EA and already submitted all new materials + LOCI, when should I expect a decision? April? March?

Can’t really say but they have their ways of picking who’s up next. It can be by region of the country. So at this point you either get accepted, rejected or wait listed. If your not in the next wave you don’t get any notice. So that can be a good thing but you just have to keep waiting. So everyone has to understand, and I know it’s aggravating but EA is over. You are all now in the RD mode. Your application gets another 3 looks like everyone else. In RD it will say on their website that you will be notified around April. So that means from today till like first week of April you will be notified of their decision. Everyone will complain about this and we get it. But being accepted in April or off the wait list still gives you the option to go to Michigan.

But saying this. If your not accepted in the next upcoming wave… And most likely should already be doing this… Start looking at your other choices and learning about them a bit more…

2 Likes

Read what I just posted. Think it answers your question as well

Ok cool! So theres a chance I could hear back in Feb? I doubt it but wouldnt mind hearing soon.

Last year kids heard back before they sent in their grades. Maybe the school just needed a few more weeks to go through the apps. No one really knows for sure. But the longer the rounds go on and your name isn’t called then it’s probably a good idea to look at other choices. I tell kids to look at their top 3 now and any acceptances now just to fact find…

Can I expect a financial aid package for an EA acceptance to LSA at or before the first Ross wave of acceptances?

So, I’m working on my LOCI but I’m not entirely sure what I should talk about in it. Anyone have any tips? Do we mention anything that has changed for us since submitting our applications in November? For example, in my case Mock Trial started up and our case is next month, and I’m starting up MUN this year again as a Co-President since we weren’t able to in the Fall.

1 Like

I should also mention that I had sent in my official SAT score from November, which was a 1420 (40 point improvement from my last one in October). My December SAT was cancelled since we were locked down again, but I was expecting a further improvement

Talk with financial aid. It’s hard to take guesses here. They might be able to give you some insight

Ok thank you! So its not impossible to hear back this month though?

Nope. I would be keying on the 19th since it follows the Ross releases in past year but as stated, this year is different so maybe the week following. Don’t think they will bypass February. They want you all to know also…

look at my previous posts. I already explained earlier "what " and “why” should be mentioned in your LOCI.

Ok so there’s a good chance I’ll hear this month? That’s kind of scary haha.