University of Michigan EA Class of 2025

I don’t have acceptances by school, but here’s the breakdown of the enrolled Class of 2022, my D18’s class:

LSA 4,163
Engineering 1,363
Ross 447
MTD 200
Kinesiology 166
Stamps 155
Nursing 136
Taubman 34

Total = 6,664

Overall yield has been roughly 46%, but likely completely up/down different by school and instate vs. OOS.

2 Likes

@etlindy Thanks. Not the answer I was hoping for, but it is better to have the information rather than unrealistic expectations! Best of luck to your son.

Thanks for those enrollment numbers. My daughter applied to Taubman’s new major (Urban Tech?) . . . I will have to ask if she knows how huge that school is. :slight_smile:

Every year there is a similar discussion of who gets in and who doesn’t. Why someone with a higher GPA /Stat score gets in vs someone with a lower one,at the same school. This is why the “holistic” review is so important. It’s not just taking the elite and throwing away the rest. It’s building a class. They must know what their doing. As I stated a few days ago the kids here are just mostly great kids. At least the ones I met over the last 4 years my sons been going here. All have side projects and are motivated to not only make themselves better but the university itself. Sure you can say this about just about any school also.

But now that we know the total numbers are closer to 80,000, they really do need the time to give each student the proper review. Do you all want them rushing through your apps just to get done?

It sucks but they do say sometime the first week of April. Many will know something prior.

Start looking at your other choices and getting familiar with them. I know many students loving it there that got in, in April…

2 Likes

Also, I forgot to mention that UMich has grown the classes since my D’s class. They’re right around 7,000 +/- freshman enrolled now.

1 Like

Just curious, what is the President’s welcome letter? My daughter was accepted a while back and I am just curious. Thanks!

My current senior was initially deferred and got accepted to LSA then accepted to Ross.

4 Likes

Ross senior, not high school

My daughter got accepted before Christmas as well. We received a welcome letter in the mail shortly after from PSU’s president. Very boiler plate, but in it he mentions the increased competition for acceptance among the 95K applications they received this year (an obvious increase from previous years.)

That’s 15,000 admits. Pure people factory stuff.

I didn’t hear back from Ross on the first date. I know they say this doesn’t mean anything, but realistically should I prepare for a denial?

Not sure if this has been asked, but is it possible to change your application from LSA to Kinesiology now, or is it too late?

Too late.

But if your accepted you can do a cross campus transfer I think

2 Likes

Does anyone know how competitive LSA honors is?

I’d advise my own kid to sit tight, because there’s so few spots in kinesiology and so many more spots in LSA. Get in, talk to your advisor and transfer later. Students change majors and schools all the time.

1 Like

Say like UCLA or Cal?

At least this “pure people factory” has the #3 ranked b-ball team that just beat #9 Iowa tonight “like a drum.” :basketball::basketball::basketball:

5 Likes

Thanks.

1 Like

https://sites.lsa.umich.edu/applytohonors/apply-here/

Look at the GPA to stay in. Your sorta competing with yourself. Most classes can be changed into an honors class by doing extra work. You need to discuss it with the professor.

Ah, thank you very much! However, I don’t quite understand what you mean by “competing with yourself.” I was more talking about how difficult LSA honors was to get into.