University of Michigan EA Class of 2025

I heard about a DC area applicant who got into both Wisc and UM in EA and has decided to go to UW. She apparently fell in love with Madison and felt unsafe walking around AA.

Not sure why she would think that.

I heard it’s much colder than Ann Arbor. I many not want to visit in the winter!!

1 Like

Colder in Ann Arbor than Madison, Wisconsin?? It’s an absolute wash, quite honestly. You will be packing the same boots, coat and hats in either place.

1 Like

Yes, sh*t show. The confusion leading up to EA release, the wrong dates on the letters, the letter disappearing entirely, then coming back. Then the whole now we will tell you later than we said in those letters. Ridiculous. If you are going to want me to entrust my son’s education to you how about you proofread a letter before you send it for 10k+ kids? Or even correct the mistake immediately instead of waiting most of the day.

UMich is a longgggg reach for me & I got the Expression of Continued Interest email. I applied RD as well. I think it was sent to all RD and deferred EA applicants. Good luck!

Ha… Cold is cold. My daughter school in Wisconsin but not by Madison about 1.5 hours away… We live in Chicago… Cold is cold… Lol. They do have various brands of excellent beer though… Like great small breweries…

1 Like

Alright… does anyone think a wave of decisions will come out this Friday?

1 Like

I never got that email from them

1 Like

I’m really praying for it. Hopefully they’ll have some to release.

1 Like

When and what email did you get about this?
I only got it on Enrollment Connect when I viewed my EA decision.

1 Like

I never received an email either, I only received an email saying there was a decision update in enrollment connect.

That’s probably what they’re referring to.

1 Like

We’re you admitted EA or did you just recently get an email that your decision had been updated ?

1 Like

@danloeb above mentioned that Friday 3/5 is a “maybe” for a wave of decisions.

1 Like

No i’m just talking about what happened in January when EA decisions came out.

1 Like

Absolutely think students would prefer to hear early rather than be strung along! Gives people an opportunity to visit other universities (even if self guided due to the pandemic) and make a more definitive choice earlier Are you still feeling like there is a strong possibility of a wave this Friday? Wouldn’t a wave have to cover before The next 3/19 Ross wave.

1 Like

I like the waves but wish the waves had dates associated with them. It seems that they used to mirror Ross decision days but since the application deadline was later this year & EA decisions came 6 weeks later than in previous years it is hard not knowing what or when to expect them.

1 Like

What is the latest anticipated date when we should expect to hear final decisions?

1 Like

mid-April? not v specific I know…

1 Like

I got the email on feb 5th:
Dear ________,

Thank you for submitting your application to the School of Kinesiology for fall 2021. We are working on your admissions decision and will notify you by early April.

We are certain we have enough information at this time to make a decision.

However, if you would like to communicate your continued interest in the University of Michigan, or share any additional information, please fill out the Expression of Continued Interest (ECI) form. The Expression of Continued Interest form is NOT required for consideration in our process. If you choose to submit this form, we prefer that you do so by February 20.

To fill out the form, log into Enrollment Connect, navigate to the Action Items section, and click on “Verify Continued Interest”.

If you have forgotten your password, click the “Forgot Your Password?” link once you are on the login screen.

We appreciate your interest in the University of Michigan.

Go Blue!

1 Like

Me too!! Fingers crossed. Hopefully hopefully hopefully we will get good news