University of Michigan EA Class of 2025

the download trick might work closer to decision dates. I was admitted to EA and my admittance letter was attached to the pdf I got.

1 Like

Haha, and my son mentioned to me last night that UIUC also didn’t have their best player in the game. I am sure Michigan will be roaring to go if there is a repeat match.

I saw this when it was first posted, and think it is dead on. All the data is trending that way.

I posted this in another thread, but our college counselors just strongly advised seniors to withdraw applications or decline acceptances as soon as they know they will not going to a certain college especially this year. Emphasizing this year, especially. Unfortunately, many won’t listen and between May 1-3 the colleges will see a huge whoosh of declines.

2 Likes

I’m thinking a lot of majors don’t require Calc 2. Wasn’t the original question about Engineering vs. History? There would likely be several classes engineering majors would take first or second year that history majors wouldn’t. It’s not all GenEd stuff, right?

Maybe. It depends. Maybe there’s a better example… Like psychology 101 then. Lol…

1 Like

A transfer from CoE to LSA should be easy, but you should talk to your advisor and maybe they’ll have you load up on the distribution requirements, instead of engineering/math courses.

1 Like

The first wave of Honors acceptances are due out today. Would appreciate it if people could post when they hear, so I can then ask my kid to check her email.

1 Like

I finished math up until Calc 3 and took Calc 3 at a university. The credit is transferable so I hope I am done with math classes for the rest of my life because I am looking at going into research.

Nice… My son also had that but in engineering and still took some at Michigan… Their math is hard… It will all work out for you… Don’t worry too much about it. Just enjoy what you have left of your senior year and not too much slacking… Still getting ready for college now.

If I was deferred LSA OOS (NJ), when should I expect a decision?
Not sure if it could mean anything but 4.44/4.0, 8 APs Test optional, Strong ECs and Essays.
I sent the LOCI in on February 1st. Submitted midyear transcript, 5 APs, all A’s.

1 Like

would a LSA to COE transfer be much harder?

More difficult than the other direction? Sure. But, if you achieve the proper GPA and follow the well-worn path by many, many others, then you shouldn’t have any problem. Remember, you can speak with your advisor often to discuss your education, beyond just meeting with them for next semester’s courses.

I was curious what time too

https://www.engin.umich.edu/admissions/undergrad/cross-campus-students/

My son did it since he was also looking at actuary for 10 minutes. Have to meet the requirements and the write an essay… By Feb 1st of his freshman year he was accepted… But all the requirements have to be met before its official. Click on the links and you will see what you need to do. It’s just the classes you need anyway. You take a different English course and he took C++/python instead of Matlab… It’s also more useful…

Yep. Specifically for OOS Engineering students. Bummed because we will be paying the full price tag at this point.

Any word on decisions tomorrow for deferred applicants?

3 Likes

One more question: was this the scholarship that was only for specific states ( the Joseph M. Geisinger Scholarship)?

I only ask because I feel like we are missing something. We have scoured the listed scholarships for engineering as well as the general school-wide scholarships and I don’t think my S21 qualifies for any of them. I guess we live in the wrong state :slight_smile: Plus, I’m not sure he’d qualify for any where need is the primary component. He also doesn’t qualify for any of the ones based on demographics…not URM, etc). We keep going back to the lists feeling like we are overlooking something.

Does anyone know if there are still engineering merit awards that haven’t yet been distributed?

The first wave of Honors decisions was supposed to be released today. Has anyone heard anything?

There is very little if any merit for OOS. Once your in at Michigan there are department opportunities.

1 Like

Yeah true. I must admit though, I am doing a TON of slacking. Like I have been giving half-effort at just about everything and I am scared I won’t be prepared enough going into college.