University of Michigan EA Class of 2025

My DD also got in to Honors last night! The email came at 9 pm, for those who in the next wave might be expecting it at 3 pm, given that is when the early admissions email came out.

We don’t know anything about when LSA merit scholarships will be announced, so if people start getting them, I hope they will report it here, as I doubt those students who don’t get anything will be notified.

3 Likes

Yes, this plan is not for everyone for sure. The point raised is the importance of being strategic financially at the undergrad level. Many will have grad school to pay for, so it’s just plain silly to sell the farm so to speak for your undergrad education.

My D21 would have been full price at U of Miami (FL), and at a cool 74k a year, we withdrew to open a spot for someone else. She has very generous offers at strong schools elsewhere to consider.

3 Likes

Sounds like she made a good decision. The community college idea is an interesting one. It works for some kids, especially if they aren’t sure what they want to do next and don’t already have a lot of credits. Depending on the program, there might be required classes at the freshman or sophomore level that are pre-reqs for further classes, so in those cases it is harder to transfer and truly save semesters. As you alluded to, nothing is one-size-fits-all, so I hope most kids can get some good advice about what might work best for their interests, finances, goals, etc. The college I teach at is about 40% firstgen, so I’m aware that some kids need more guidance and advice than others if their parents aren’t experienced with the process.

1 Like

Heh, they make a t-shirt for the occasion that I can pre-order and send to my son from Mden… I can’t seem to post pictures but the team thought it was a pretty big deal last night… :wink:

Hi,
I thought the due date to apply for LSA honor is 3/9, so you applied early and the decision is out anytime?

Does anyone know if decisions for deferred students are coming out today?

5 Likes

No, there are a few definite due dates and decision dates. I think 3 are listed on the website. If one of the due dates is March 9, then there is a corresponding decision date also listed on the website.

2 Likes

I am praying that they come out today. Hopefully someone here knows if they come out or not.

3 Likes

Me too!! Fingers crossed

2 Likes

If the second due date for LSA honors is 3/9, wouldn’t it make sense that there will be a wave of decisions tonight?

4 Likes

I believe that there will be a “SMALL” release of EA deferred and post 11/16 RD decisions this afternoon. I think the typical time is around 3:00 EST. But no guarantees. I’m not Amazon. :grinning:

6 Likes

Has anyone’s portal changed at all?

1 Like

Thanks, I checked the website
https://sites.lsa.umich.edu/applytohonors/deadlines-requirements/

Will the portal normally change before a decision?

1 Like

How do you qualify for LSA merit scholarships? Did you have to fill out something? My son got into Honors last night. Thanks

2 Likes

There is usually some activity an hour or so prior. But who knows this year.

Do you remember at the end of season, when your 5-year old kid finished up the AYSO soccer (everyone plays, parents are the coaches and refs) season and everyone received a participation trophy and some cake and cookies?

Well, that’s kinda like the regular season B1G title that Michigan won last night. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I know but it’s something they haven’t done in awhile…

Anyway, small victories… I will take it.

Can’t wait, mean I really can’t wait for the Big Ten tournament… Should be very entertaining this year :basketball:

Anyway, hope some results are today for these families here . If honors came out last night that’s encouraging…

2 Likes

Is there any chance deferred applications will come out today?

1 Like

I think UMich will release some decisions today, but the size of the release may be smaller than what we’re used to in the past. Hopefully, a few CC members will get a decision. I have a feeling that the next release or wave may be at the end of the month or early April after today.

3 Likes