University of Michigan EA Class of 2025

Congrats! What major?

I doubt there’s a correlation. Mine submitted it that first week of February when the prompt was still there and then this week just had his HAIL interview, although even in his HAIL interview email it said he might receive a decision prior to the interview, so there’s no concerted coordinated attempt here. It just is what it is.

My D didn’t apply ED (or EA - do they have EA?) but she did submit her application early because the acting BFA had an earlier due date. Because she had applied for two majors and was rejected for acting, they asked for a LOCI. She submitted hers on Feb 20th.

1 Like

has anyone that got accepted today got accepted into kinesiology? more specifically sport management?

2 Likes

My student was deferred for LSA Honors with decision “by” April 27. Anyone know if it might come sooner and/or how many deferred students ultimately get accepted ? The Honors College decision likely is a game-changer for him. I know it’s competitive but I was surprised – he has highly competitive GPA and test scores (1st in his class; 99% SAT) and otherwise fits the profile for the Honors College student, with tons of out-of-school, self-driven deep learning. He put real effort into the application and his essays looked stellar (at least to me). He’s already admitted to a top-tier Ivy but as an alum with a deep respect for the program, I had encouraged him to continue to consider Michigan Honors. Now looks like it may not even be an option for him.

so is this end of road for people not accepted today? we were part of EA, got deferred and also provided LOCI.

1 Like

The admissions chaos (for us at least) is over! in at LSA Economics!

OOS (Northern VA), UW 3.9, W 4.3, SAT 1460, 8 APs. Legacy and full pay.

Yes, my son said first choice. He explicitly said that if accepted he will come.

He also answered the first prompt of the LOCI.

He also applied to Ross, but that is more of a stretch, so we don’t expect it.

He withdrew from Va Tech and now is going to withdraw his Pitt acceptance. We’re paying the deposit as soon as we can!

GO BLUE!!!

17 Likes

Really happy for you and your family! Go Blue!

1 Like

Congrats to all who heard good news today.

I think not hearing today after being deferred EA is a bad sign. Not optimistic here.

1 Like

Our son was accepted today to LSA after initially being postponed. He did submit a LOCI (with the prompt) within a few days after being notified. We are OOS and this is our third child accepted to UM with our oldest a current senior there.

10 Likes

Hi there. Did your child get an email saying there’s been an update in their portal? Or did they just check it? Thank you! Congrats to those who got accepted today!

Good luck to your dc!

It just shows as undeclared, but it is Neuroscience. Her essay focused on that as well.

Congrats to everyone receiving their good news today.

And sorry for the bummer to everyone that has to wait another few weeks.

6 Likes

The final round will most likely have more admission offers. Don’t lose all hope just yet.

8 Likes

omg thank you for saying this!!

4 Likes

I am an international student, deferred EA. There was nothing today in my portal. Do you know if any international students heard back today?

He got an email last night about 8 PM CST.

Congratulations to everyone who got good news today!

Did the kids get another postponement update, or just silence if they weren’t accepted today?

(Which continues to absolutely baffle me for my 36, class president, #1 in his class, team captain, 800 + 800 subject tests, 17 AP kid. We just can’t figure it out)

4 Likes