University of Michigan EA Class of 2025

Does anyone know if Michigan practices grade deflation/inflation ?

Does this mean I’ve been admitted ? I didn’t submit a summer application, this randomly popped up on Monday. Called admissions, they said “not at liberty to say”. My regional admissions officer hasn’t answered my email yet so. MAYBE accepted ?

What page is this and how can I check to compare?

Wolverine access under prospective students then resident status.

Waitlisted 🥲
Newhouse Applicant
4.1 W GPA

Omg sorry wrong thread

I cant seem to find the prospective student page in Wolverine Access

Nevermind I found it, but I’m unsure how you got to this page from the student center

I’m not sure, but Michigan may be offering you their SBSP (Summer Bridge Scholars Program):

1 Like

Both Smith and Wagner had good looks at 3-pointers and Brooks got a great rebound under the basket, but his put back was shot too quickly and rolled off the basket. Michigan had a poor shooting night and their best shooter is out for the season. :man_shrugging:

In all honestly, either team would be crushed by the juggernaut known as Gonzaga.

2 Likes

Hey so I was accepted to UMich in the early action round and it’s the best fit school for me, but I am OOS and recieved basically no aid. It would be like 50k per year and I would be so in debt. HOW DO I GET MORE FINANCIAL AID??? I know they dont have to give me more because it’s a public school but I have heard of someone people getting so much more aid that it comes to like 20k per year. HOW DO I MAKE THEM GIVE ME 30K MORE??? I would love in attend but I wouldn’t even be able to complete more than 2 years.

If anyone knows how to get more aid or things that worked for them please tell me

Did anyone admitted to LSA or Stamps get merit money OOS (apart from the big scholarships) and if so, when in the process? DD21 did not. She applied for LSA scholarships. Wondering if there is any hope or if we need to take UMich off the list as we are full pay.

1 Like

Well you could start by calling the financial aid office and asking (politely) for more aid based on family circumstances.

But honestly, if you can’t afford it, you should be prepared to walk away. Sometimes we just lose the lottery through no fault of our own, it’s not a reflection of you as a person, it’s a reflection of the world that we live in

3 Likes

So… You have to have your parents prove that you need it. Yes, everyone needs some money for college. So. Have your parents call and have them review your account. Yes, they do make mistakes. It happens. You can also just ask them why your not getting aid. Maybe something was entered incorrectly. If you got aid at school B then simply ask why you didn’t. Yes, many families get $20-30, 000 or more even OOS. Trust me. If they accepted you they want to help you attend.

3 Likes

Okay, I will call and try to get more aid.

cuse has very generous acceptance rate for waitlist i believe it is about 40% acceptance rate off the waitlist. good luck friend!! go orange over go blue until umich decide to take me off the waitlist.

1 Like

It’s not like that. They might need you to send tax forms etc. Did you do the efc and if so what was that result? If your parents own a business was it harmed by Covid? Was there unexpected medical expenses or drop /loss of income?

I’m willing to take on whatever amount of student loan to get in. No kidding. If UMich AOs are dropping by here, please consider this and let me in.

1 Like

i second this for sure. loved the stamps program over all the schools i applied to

yes aos read over cc haha but i just wish umich aos would recognize who i am under my “very obvious” username.

even if i did not make off the loooooong list, see umich in 2 years

2 Likes