University of Michigan EA Class of 2025

same

Agree -same happened to my son, accepted LSA 1st round and now rejected from Ross and we are actually here today visiting from OOS- maybe he’s supposed to be somewhere else. 4/16 is super late to get a “no” when they have to decide by 5/1.
Good luck to you wherever you choose to go instead!

Accepted to Ross OOS, accepted LSA January

1 Like

Does everyone get waitlisted at Ross or are there rejections?

I was waitlisted. Hoping for the best though…

That’s the way Michigan works. We knew going in that there is a chance you will get into. LSA amd not Ross. My D wanted to go to Michigan regardless. She will major in something else and do the entrepreneur program. We like that Michigan offers an entrepreneur program for every major. Sometimes it’s better not to major in business as an undergrad, but everyone has to do what’s best for them. Good luck!

D was too. I was wondering if that was standard or if some people were rejected. Curious.

That is so frustrating. I’m sorry. My son is on the waitlist for LSA and we are in state. He applied EA and very early at that. Deferred, deferred and now waitlisted. It feels like it’s dragging. He wants it so bad. At this point I wish they would just cut him loose if they aren’t going to take him.

So you don’t need Ross to go into business at Michigan. Many students get great jobs like the Ross kids. It’s what you do.

No. 1 ranking for U-M’s entrepreneurship program – Center for Entrepreneurship.

My son is ending his Minor in Entrepreneurship but did all the classes as a senior. He loves it. Coming from Industrial Engineering this program is much easier and fun. It’s like all project based. 2 classes now are being taught by Real CEO’s of companies.

He did thus Capstone as a freshman /Sophomore.

And as a freshman https://www.optimizemi.org/

Got $15,000 total to use to build their Organization…

Find a club or Activity. Partner with a student or faculty and make something happen. Hundred of students are doing this everyday at Michigan. Get involved. Companies love students that are active on Campus. It will help getting internships also.

Good Luck.

1 Like

Does anyone know about the Informatics degree? I have never heard of this term.

Are you talking this degree?

https://www.si.umich.edu/programs

My son was also waitlisted (we were kind of surprised because we thought he would be rejected). He’s already committed to LSA and intends to study economics. If Ross eventually takes him, it’s a bonus, but he’s AA-bound regardless.

2 Likes

This program in the Statistics Department.

@NovaLox so not everyone is waitlisted? Is that a good sign? We were discussing maybe transferring into a different college at Michigan, but if there is a chance, she might wait until August.

My sons advisor for his tech group came from SI. Many of the graduate students became active. They do some really cool stuff and starting salaries seems to be good. I just know the students were very laid back and all super friendly. I personally like the way they seem to do combinations of different things. Seems more creative to me. Definitely talk to an advisor even now to explore.

Sorry, just noticed we are talking 2 different things but check out what I sent you anyway. If you do a deeper dive there is some overlap and to me interesting stuff that might appeal.

The stats degree looks great though. Lots of CS class’s it looks like also. Should be well positioned with that degree.

1 Like

There are so many majors I never heard of. I feel so old!

Honestly!.. I know what you mean. So many combinations and interesting things. So many minors to make the majors more interesting. My friends daughter is looking at a program at Georgetown but loves Michigan. She can basically make the same program here with study abroad included.

This is why the students really need to explore and do deep dives and talk to advisors. So many possibilities.

1 Like

DS got an email yesterday that he was accepted in Ross/BBA. We are OOS and he was accepted at Stamps in February. He is leaning towards Syracuse because he likes the design program better there, and they also gave him a pretty generous merit package and some special programs opportunities. Michigan would be much more expensive for us because they didn’t offer anything, but we are trying to get him understand that a degree from Michigan is a more recognized one, and that Ann Arbor >> Syracuse.

If you peeps can afford Michigan without a doubt then go Michigan. Michigan has so many majors and opportunities just in case what he like doesn’t work out or maybe he wants to pair his STAMPS work with another major or some cool minors.