University of Michigan Waitlist Class of 2025

Any news from anyone?

1 Like

Judging from the results I saw on CC and Reddit, UofM might have waitlisted well into the thousands this year, possibly matching last years numbers. But their yield also appears to be incredibly high this year.

So there might be a few spots which open up but the chances are small.

You’ll have to call or email the Admissions Office directly if you want to know concrete numbers.

It appears like Umich has been pretty quiet about their waitlist/yield this year. But we’ll probably get an announcement in the next two-three weeks.

1 Like

My guidance counselor told me to email U Michigan my third quarter grades, which were al in the 90s except for one 81 but I have high 90s in that class for the other three quarters. What do you think my chances are? I said in my email that I would commit to Michigan if I was accepted.

Impossible to say. They’ve probably decided that you’re academically qualified and the fact that your grades have remained high will help confirm that.

But waitlists aren’t another round of decisions. Waitlists are a tool schools use to make sure they have a diversified class.

Not enough track runners? Find some on the waitlist. Not enough men? Find some on the waitlist. Not enough internationals? Find some on the waitlist.

Your chances depend on what holes open up in their class and whether you fill any of those holes.

Overall the chances are pretty slim.

2 Likes

So is there anything I can do? Maybe when quarter 4 grades are finalized send those?

I would really like to get off this list.

1 Like

If Michigan requests them or they’re still good, send them in. Otherwise, there’s not a lot we can do.

I understand it’s frustrating. I also really wanted to go. Just hold tight and focus on the school you’re committed to.

1 Like

My top school was Cornell, and they screwed me. If I don’t get into Mich, I’ll probably just try and transfer there.

1 Like

I’ve been taken off the waitlist in another school, so I’m withdrawing my UMich waitlist application. Good luck y’all.

Looks like they’re only gonna start looking at the waitlist and taking people off in June. I know how bad anxiety is, but I’m sure you guys got it.

4 Likes

Congratulations!

It sounds like many schools are closing their waitlists and have full classes. Another thing that college counselors were way off on again. It’s been a rough road for the class of 2021 who have been stuck in limbo in a lot of cases, or not thrilled with their committed schools.

3 Likes

Yeah, and the sad thing is that things are gonna stay this way in the future. Acceptance rates will decrease drastically everywhere.

I can’t even imagine how things are gonna be for the next generations.

1 Like

Long time no see.

I think the waitlist releasing date may be next week (the 24th or something later) or the following week according to the data sushiritto provided earlier. Could even be tomorrow the 21th even, but waitlist probably not following the fridays regular decision trend and more likely to be next week. No, I do not know anything, wether they do not admit at all or will accept some. (i doubt if they are gonna accept none though) …but honestly it is fine as I am super excited to attend my college of choice!

Edit: If I learned anything, I should of sent their optional LOCI and apply to UMich EA instead! Even EA is lowkey for sure “postponed” but they dont know if anyone will attend yet so more spots are on the air while very dedicated people will accept their spots right away, less open spots to be given even before RD deadlines!

Emailed the office, here is what I got:

“Thank you for your email. In most years we do not know the outcome from the waitlist until late June or in some years, early to mid-July.”

Not very hopeful, but thought y’all would like to know

3 Likes

Yep this is what I’m guessing! Michigan said end of May and it’s consistent with previous years so I imagine that the few (if any) waitlist offers will come out next week.

Not expecting any terrific news but I’m growing more comfortable with my safety and it’ll be nice to have this process wrapped up and behind me.

2 Likes

good info to know, thank you friend! it may refers to when all decisions are released since i do not think umich will hold the first batch of waitlist until late june

Someone said that Ross closed their waitlist and won’t be taking anyone.

Did that someone say anything about other schools?

No, I think they received an email as their kid is in LSA.

1 Like

any updates guys?