University of Michigan Waitlist Class of 2025

My DD couldn’t got in off the waitlist. However she is excited to attend UCLA this fall !

1 Like

Yeah definitely. Especially because I was in state it didn’t help. Thank you!

Got rejected today. I’m going to UCLA though

I wonder how many even got off the waitlist this year? When do they update the stats with all the info from this year’s admission data?

Rejected

Rejected

1 Like

for people who were rejected, what did your letter say?

Rejected, letter suggested applying as a transfer student at the end of sophomore year as those applicants get “preference”.

Do the waitlist letters usually say this? I was thinking about trying to transfer after freshman year but the rejection letter almost outright tells you not to.

I’m not sure how letters are usually formatted, but for UMich specifically they clarified that transfer students who have completed prerequisites for their major tend to get preference at the end of their freshman or sophomore year. I recommend you do apply as a transfer as you have a higher chance of getting in. You never know until you try!

As in you should take the beginner level courses required for your major at your current college?

uiuc!!! go Illini!

1 Like

rejected but cool maybe transfer but I don’t think id transfer

peace out. love you all. bye bye.

at which college if I may ask? congrats!

rejected for sports management… That means I didn’t get in the SMI program as well right :sob:

LSA. Thank you!

2 Likes

Illinois is great! My son didn’t get into his program there and most of his friends are going there so on that note he’s a little bummed but that’s what happens when you apply to the hardest major and don’t want to risk trying to transfer in. I don’t blame him for that.

exactly. UIUC is very bad for transfer into harder majors such as cs/engineering. I was fortunate enough to get in my top choice major at UIUC but didn’t get in umich (my very top choice) and I am so happy I made the decision to come to Illinois as my sis is a phd student there so we can enjoy buy 1 get 1 free food coupons haha. Best wishes to your son and his journey onward. What a year for college application!

lmao funny how we get different rejection letters! mine was 5 lines at most haha