University of Michigan Waitlist Class of 2025

thanks! and yes, you have a great memory, haha!

Does anyone know how we can send application updates to admissions? Is there a form or do we just email?

This from Michigan’s website.

Each year that number varies, based on the number of applications we receive and the individual credentials each applicant brings to the table. Our large waitlist allows us adequate opportunity to fill the variety of academic programs to which we admit, if needed. Here is our data for the past four years.

Applicants who accepted our waitlist offer:
Fall 2017: 37%, or 4,124 applicants
Fall 2018: 41%, or 6,183 applicants
Fall 2019: 39%, or 5,085 applicants
Fall 2020: 48%, or 10,080 applicants

Applicants who were admitted from the waitlist:
Fall 2017: 11%, or 470 applicants
Fall 2018: 7%, or 434 applicants
Fall 2019: 2%, or 106 applicants
Fall 2020: 13%, or 1,289 applicants

I think waitlist offers are going to be quite low this year, especially since so many of last year’s Class of 2024 took gap years this year. I wish these schools could give applicants a little more transparency and definitive dates. The odds are so low this year, in my (disappointed) opinion.

2 Likes

I don’t know. So many students blitzed and applied to 20 or so schools. They can only attend one. We will see.

I agree. it really will be a timing thing ESP because a lot of people are on multiple waitlists at a few top schools. Would be good to have an idea when the first batch will start to come out

Did you apply early to UMich. If so can you remember what was previously under preferred admission or if it was always referring to your Ross application.

GO stern >:( only if nyu offers good financial aid though… they shady about fin aid. it is a great program

1 Like

Yep, I applied early action (then deferred then waitlisted). I believe it was something like “We have received your application to Ross…” or something like that. I don’t know when it changed, and if this notification was referring to that change.

Just as a heads up, I sent a LOCI (have not heard official decision yet) but they did not seem mad or like they wouldn’t accept it, they simply thanked me for my email and continued interest. Furthermore, they reconfirmed my waitlist status, but said they do not typically admit waitlist students until late June (likely referring to how it was in years prior compared to last year), so we can probably assume they’re not going to release as many waitlist decisions in april this year.

Deleted

Reached out to the admissions office. Was told that it may be after May 1 and during May or June when they will be able to look at waitlist decisions

Pinned - should’ve done it earlier, my bad.

It sounds like they’re telling you the Ross process is over and you didn’t get into Ross, period. You are however, still waitlisted for your original program.

I think to be waitlisted for Ross, you need to be accepted into Michigan and then waitlisted to Ross after that.

Ima withdraw from the waitlist. Total garbage for international students who need visas to study here. There’s no way that F1 can be approved within 2 months.

i’m so upset. i’m an in-state who’s been waiting on a decision for about 7 months now. this is my top school and i feel like there’s no hope left anymore. i thought they would do a wave before may 1st but it doesn’t look like it. plus, my financial situation isn’t great so i doubt they’ll take me off considering my financial need. this hurts.

With a great increase in applications this year I would doubt they would go deep into the wait list. Last year was a fluke. May 1st is almost here. Then they can access who’s really committing or not. At this point there is no reason not to stay on. If in June you get accepted then you have a hard choice to make.

As I have always stated… Get excited to where you know where you will be going. If you get lucky then maybe you’ll get an offer. Let it surprise you. I know you all have great colleges that you are going to.

Agree. By the mere fact that it doesn’t appear that they had a huge number of acceptances in that last March round, yet a ton of waitlists and many rejections it appears that they are having a huge yield. I wouldn’t count on anyone expecting to get off any waitlist anywhere and if it happens they should be pleasantly surprised.

When are people expecting the first wave of waitlist decisions to come out?