University of New Hampshire Early Action for Fall 2023

Wondering what you didn’t like about it?
Accepted in December. OOS. International Relations.

There were only two tour guides for our session. One took a small group of 8. They put over 50 of us in the 2nd tour so it was hard to hear. Every other one we had gone on was under 10 people in a group. It was disappointing.

2 Likes

My som is over 18 and does not want us to contact them, otherwise i would.

Ugh bummer not a good sign for my nursing major but thanks for the info

My D23 is a nursing major, too. Didn’t mean to specifically point you out, I saw that your daughter was a nursing major as well. My daughter was looking at the unofficial UNH 2027 Instagram account and saw the students’ nursing acceptance post. The waiting is really getting difficult.

2 Likes

I sent an email to the admissions counselor for our area two days ago. Have not received any response yet. ugh!

3 Likes

No problem at all I’m glad you did post that information. It’s good to know. My D 23 has been excepted at several of her top schools but UNH is one of the top four and it would be nice to have that as an option. But the longer we wait the less likely I think it might be but who knows there is no rhyme or reason how they are letting us know apparently?

We had a very similar experience. I think there were 4-5 guides for a busy Saturday morning tour session in September, but somehow the admissions team split things out so that most groups had 10-15 students… and ours had close to 50. Couldn’t hear a thing, so it ended up being little more than a crowded walk around the campus.

It also reinforced our overall impression of UNH having a more-than-slight big college/impersonal vibe (a really vivid contrast to our experience at UVM). Which didn’t stop my twin daughters from applying EA, but… definitely left an impression.

1 Like

Check your portals … another wave just came out (including nursing)

5 Likes

Daughter just got her acceptance. Good luck everyone!

5 Likes

My daughter just received her acceptance too!

4 Likes

Same feeling as well. UVM was great-I think maybe 6-8 kids. UMass-10 tops, but I am an alum so I could fill in the blanks. UNE-3 and URI maybe 8.

1 Like

My son just got into business school. OOS. 12k a year

5 Likes

ditto here OOS business school, $10k a year

6 Likes

Accepted!! OOS and $12K scholarship

10 Likes

I just got deferred nursing :frowning: does anyone know the acceptance rate of the nursing program?

2 Likes

My daughter was accepted as an undeclared major in CHHS. She wasn’t accepted into the nursing program. Thankfully, she does have other direct-entry acceptances. During our fall campus tour of the nursing program, we were told that over 1,600 applicants apply, typically around 400 accepted and the overall goal is to have about 90 in the program.

4 Likes

Still nothing AARRRGHHH

Major?

Neuroscience