University of Pittsburgh Class of 2026 Official Discussion Thread

There is a Facebook and Instagram page for 2026. There is also a Patio App, and lots of snapchat groups. My daughter met her roommate this way. Visited each other in person to make sure it seemed like a good fit first. I would encourage her to at least post on the platform she is most comfortable with and also browse all the posts looking for people she has things in common with. Remind her EVERYONE is in the same boat!

Oh, she has posted on FB, IG, and patio, and has exchanged messages, but to no avail. She has interacted with lots of people, but hasn’t made a match.

1 Like

I know there are a ton of kiddos waiting to pull the trigger close to the deadline, so I am sure there will be more people joining those sites too. She’ll make a connection I am sure. I also think some kids are feeling lots of people out and don’t want to commit quite yet to a roommate.

I think you are right. She has gotten a lot of “I will reach out if I commit” responses.

2 Likes

My S19 went random and it worked great for him.
My S22 hasn’t even started thinking about it. I’m completely hands off this time around.

My D22 isn’t on Facebook or Instagram, so I’m not sure what she will do. She prefers to live in an Honors dorm with her LLC, so I’m guessing she’ll just have to be matched up with someone. That might be quite the challenge to have to filter through all the people posting for roommates just to find an honors student in the mix.

Random question - today my son got an email from Pitt that basically said hey - there might be documents in your document center that you haven’t seen, log in and take a look. So he did and nothing new. The most recent thing was the Feb 28 letter with admissions to honors, but he’s logged in several times after that (was really hoping for that invite to Chancellor’s… which never came) so it’s not like he hasn’t been in the portal. Heck, I had him check yesterday Just In Case. Any idea what’s up with the email he got? I told him to email the admissions counselor for our region to ask if there was something he just wasn’t seeing, but is there something else he should do?

2 Likes

My daughter just got that email too. Puzzling!

My son got same email and he withdrew his application 1-2 weeks ago…

Same Here ! Got email and last document was Feb28th Honors

I believe they just want them to set up two factor authorization.

Yes, same email here. He’s checked it a few times a week, so nothing seems new. Strange. Maybe the email came first this time and something will be uploaded tomorrow.

Same same here. And we have been in the portal regularly as well. However, we never got email notification of the honors decision letter being there (just found it Feb 28th by stalking the document center, probably in combination with announcements on the Honors College thread for Pitt here in CC), so I wonder if they were just very slow on the draw for sending out the notifications?

Edit to add: @momtofour12’s entry above supports the likelihood that they are just being super slow to send the Honors notifications.They may have already locked down the email distribution list when the letters came out and haven’t updated it for recent withdrawals.

1 Like

His email for the honors came March 2. It’s just titled “Link to access Pitt admissions documents”, which is what came after being admitted and after merit award. Easy to overlook, I think.

Not sure as he had previously received email about honors. I’ve found Pitt portals tough to navigate!!! Took me 20 minutes to figure out how to w/d app! Good luck!

@momtofour12 - OK, never mind. If you got a separate Honors email, that busts my theory :slight_smile:
It’s entirely possible that we missed an Honors email earlier and just (mistakenly) thought that we didn’t get notice. I think my son is getting flooded with emails. I can imagine something may have slipped through the cracks. @Luanne may be right that something new will appear soon.

1 Like

My son got that email today too. Nothing new in the document center, though.

My daughter didn’t apply to honors, but when she was accepted in late August/Early September, she kept getting an email to check her document center even though she had seen everything in it. Or maybe the email was in early October, when she got the merit notification.

She probably got that email a half dozen times. This sounds like a similar situation.

I applied in late December, can I still qualify for merit based scholarship?

Applications for merit needed to be in by December 1, I think, and all merit was awarded by March 1.

1 Like