University of Pittsburgh Class of 2026 Official Discussion Thread

If anyone is interested in 2022-23 calendar, this was shared on the Pitt Parents 2026 FB page.

7 Likes

Can anyone give me any insight on the Service to Others Living Learning Community? Where is it located (which dorm) and how many people are in it? Is it a big-time commitment? Any other thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

Thank you so much! I actually called the registrar Thursday and they told me it should be out by the end of April, so happy to see it shared!

Keep me posted! Feel free to message me if she does and we could try to connect them.

Do you have to be enrolled in Pitt to join the Official Students FB page? Or can you check it out without having submitted the deposit?

To those committed, does my D22 wait for the housing email to come through her Pitt email to sign up? Or, is there something else she clicks on in the Pitt portal to start the process? My D22 committed last week, but she hasn’t seen the housing email come through yet. TIA!

Housing is a lottery, so it’s not urgent to get done this instant, only to get done before the deadline (May 1, I think). Everyone who submits by that date is treated equally.

2 Likes

D22 has not received anything about housing and she committed 15 days ago. Got an email from technology, but not housing.

Any other Chancellor’s updates from Reddit? Wondering where they are in the process.

2 Likes

Ok, good to know. However, she’s been accepted into Honors and will be applying to Honors LLC housing. I believe that will be a different process for her. From my understanding, the sooner she gets that in, the better her chances will be for that dorm.

That isn’t correct. Pitt doesn’t do first come first serve for housing. A person who submits on the last deadline day has the same chance as someone who submits early.

1 Like

Even for Honors LLC? I’m new to all of this, which is why I’m asking questions.

Unless they’ve changed things, LLCs work the same way. Why do you think they are different?

Good to know! I can’t remember what forum I read it on, but it was mentioned that over enrollment was causing dorm issues, and the fact that there are only two honors dorms. Regardless, I’ll just make sure my D22 has all her info. in and we’ll see where she ends up! Thanks for the clarification!

Have her keep an eye on all communications coming through the portal. It’s important to get the housing deposit in on time. After that you basically have to have your top 3 choices in by the deadline. If your student is applying for an llc there is an application for that. My daughter applied to get into the music llc. We knew it was in Nordenberg. She really hasn’t done anything with it because she was super busy with marching band. They don’t announce where most of other llcs are going to be housed because they don’t want students picking an llc just to get into a specific dorm. Business and engineering llcs seemed to stay in the same dorms. As to general housing, last year there were many, many kids who did not get any of their top 3 picks. On the parent Facebook page there were lots of unhappy kids. The worst case were the poor kids that got put in the Residence Inn on Bigelow. It’s far from campus and was somewhat isolating for many freshmen. Good news is that they are converting it to graduate housing next year. Pitt had accepted a larger than normal class last year and it created a lot of housing challenges. Hopefully it will be better this year.

4 Likes

Hi-does anyone know how to find admissions decision in the portal? I logged in and found an option to accept/decline, but never received a letter or an email or an official decision.

1 Like

Students get an email for their Pitt Document Center. Also, ive used the Pitt PS Mobile app

@kaj2017 Anyone can join the Pitt Class of 2026 FaceBook page, it is for prospective students to meet people and find roommates. My daughter joined in November. The group called “Pitt Class of 2026” is actually sponsored by the Pitt Office of Student Affairs. The one called “Pitt Class of 2026 (Official)” is run by a for-profit called “Humans of University” and is not affiliated with the university. They call it that to mislead people.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the clarification! :slight_smile:

is there a way to find out the actual COA on the Pitts portal for an admitted student?

I think you can do this on their website. They ask questions, and you answer and it tells you based on school and residency.