University of Pittsburgh Class of 2026 Official Discussion Thread

It takes a while.

Thank you. Hopefully soon.

thx!!!

Do they let you know about Merit scholarship too in letter?

does anyone know if applying to Pitt GAP medicine hurts my chances of regular admission? If I don’t get into the GAP program, can I still get into Pitt?

My daughter applied to Nursing but marked the check box to be considered for GAP. I am nearly certain they are separate, and you can be accepted to the major you apply for and also/or not the GAP for medicine.

1 Like

No, they do not. I heard merit consideration begins mid October.

Updating Very timely lol. D got an email to check her documents tab, and much to our surprise there was a small scholarship offer provided. The document was dated 10/5 so seems the emails go out a day or so later.

6 Likes

Wow congratulations!
Going to call today. No email what so ever from them.

Thank you!! Do keep in mind though my D submitted her application on 8/3. I am sure you will hear soon.

1 Like

@tumagmom , are you in state? A $5,000 award is good for in state if that’s what she got! Yay!!

BTW, @tumagmom , thank you for letting us know that the merit review has started! My D applied 9/1, and was completed probably by mid September. We will be on the lookout

1 Like

You’re welcome! Yes we are in state….She got $2k annually but we were expecting nothing, so I’ll take it!:relaxed: Hope you hear soon.

That’s great, things have changed since my D18 was accepted. Back then you could complete a Cost Anlysis Worksheet after Pitt gave an award, and you could fill in the blanks of a competing offer. Pitt initially gave my girl $5,000 and after submitting the Cost Analysis Worksheet, she was awarded $10,000 per year. She was also accepted into Pitt’s Honors College. These are things for this thread to keep an eye on - is merit only given for students eventually accepted for the Honors College? What is the “standard” award for In state and OOS? What does the score threshold for merit seem to be?

A big change for Pitt was after my D18 was a freshman in 2018-19 . That’s when Pitt started guaranteeing they would match Pell grants. That is when merit as true merit, not based on need, shrunk and became more difficult to attain, whether in state or OOS.

Because of that, maybe $2,000 is now a standard award, when $5,000 used to be. I’ll be interested to see if your girl gets Honors College.

1 Like

Thanks for the background. She did not apply to the Honors College so we’re pretty content with where things have landed

1 Like

@tumagmom Congrats!!!
I didn’t expect them to start reviewing merit until late October. Is the award also showing in the Financial section of the PSMobile or the portal? Or only in the document center? Agains, thanks for letting us know!

1 Like

My DD also received $2,000/year. I have to say, we were hoping for more. She did apply to honors college so we’re wondering when to expect an answer on that.

3 Likes

Can you post GPA and scores if you get merit? I think that will be helpful in finding the thresholds. Thanks!

3 Likes

Hey thank you. The portal says “there are no awards” or something to that extent, so doesn’t seem like that’s a sure indicator.

D is in state, 3.98 UW, no test scores.

3 Likes

My son received today the Cathedral of Learning Achievement Scholarship for $80,000 total.
Out of state. 4.8 W/ 4.0 UW - 1440 SAT

12 Likes

@roseUf2022 Congrats to your son! What’s your son’s intended major? I ask as it seems like notifications and amounts vary by major/school.

1 Like