University of Pittsburgh Class of 2026 Official Discussion Thread

do you get a physical letter though too? or just a virtual one?

Just a virtual one.

1 Like

The one I got accepted to says I’ll do a 3+3 program. At least they said that’s what I’ll be doing in my letter. They do have a 3+3 program

1 Like

Sure! I got $2,000 a year for undergrad, so $8,000 in total. Then for law school, I got $20,000 a year.

3 Likes

Yes, I just double checked they said I can do the 3+3 program, as long as I keep a certain GPA by junior year. So I did get guaranteed admission, but they’ll allow me to do the accelerated program too. I did meet with someone at the college to express my interest in the accelerated program, though.

1 Like

Hey, that’s great. Thanks for the info. I was not aware Pitt had a 3+3, but my D does like the regular law school route. Good for you! She did also have in her letter the Dean’s Scholarship for law school if she meets the criteria, but hers says the average award of the Dean’s Scholarship is $20,000 per year. Any way, it’s good to know she would get this scholarship if she were to go to Pitt Law, but it doesn’t specifically say yet what her award would be.

1 Like

I read that they don’t inform you if you are declined. Do they send the letters in the actual mail? I thought it would be an update in the document center.

Kind of weird for the GMP program that Pitt does not want applicants to contact them (that’s fine) but they can’t even put a digital copy of accept or decline in the portal.

For other guaranteed programs like (law / nursing / dental etc) did you receive any document in the portal?

Anyone know when decisions officially come out?

Also are decisions shows in the passport?

Yes, GAP Law had a letter in the Pitt portal that was separate from the admissions letter. It was from the Dean of the Law School congratulating and giving the specifics.

Any GAP Med decisions yet?

DD accepted about 6 weeks after applying (mid-October):

3.985 W, 3.8 UW
Test optional
Double varsity athlete (soccer & track) but not in recruiting process
Basic ECs
OOS – no merit information provided

6 Likes

Does anyone know from experience how accurate the Net Price Calculators are for expected expenses? Does Pitt seem to offer the same, or come close to what it says?

Hello, thank you for sharing your son’s experience. Will it be ok if I PM you with some more questions about the opportunities and resources available, commuting and safety.

1 Like

Sure no problem! Ask anything!

1 Like

Heard they are sending emails on December 15th if selected to move on to the next stage.

Hi - what does that mean? And where did you hear it? Thanks!

Son’s application now listed as complete, and accept/decline button is now present in portal. No letter in document center. Does this mean he was accepted?

4 Likes

Now there are no documents in his document center. Not even the initial credential document…