University of Pittsburgh Class of 2026 Official Discussion Thread

Congratulations!

2 Likes

Applied on 8/16 completed on 8/25 in state and no decision yet :crossed_fingers:

My daughter’s documents were loaded on 9/4 and she didn’t get the “Congratulations” email with cute video until 9/20 fyi! But congratulations. It’s an awesome feeling for the kiddos to have that sense of relief for sure!

2 Likes

Where do you see documents uploaded or anything about status? On Pitt’s portal, there is somewhat unorganized information. It implies he can view a financial aid award and accept/decline that but there is nothing in there. And we can’t find at all any place where any documents may be uploaded that could contain any communications at all. Application status just lists the application # and college and date of application, and underneath says application is complete.

Buttons showed up today… School of Computing and Information Science (CS)!!!

4 Likes

around what time is everyone receiving their buttons?

My D’s showed up today before noon.

Not sure what time they first showed up because we didn’t check until this evening (around 8)… He applied 8/7 so hold tight. Your buttons might show up soon!

1 Like

It’s complicated I guess to try to piece all these together.

The document center is not in the portal. You will receive an email that gives a link to the document center where they will upload the acceptance letter.

In the PS portal, on the left side under application there is a line item that says accept/decline. When you tap that the main part of the page may say “there are no applications” or it could show two blue button/icons that say accept/decline.

I do not know what a non-acceptance status would look like.

Hope that helps a bit?

1 Like

Have any of you applied on Upitt portal instead of common app ? Any pros or cons to applying on university portal?

I applied on Pitt application instead of common app. I filled out the form with personal question I guess and linked to SRAR (spelling?) for self-reported grades. waited couple of days before receiving Portal email and then after couple of weeks received confirmation email from Pitt with Pit ID.

I applied on 8/3 but indicated that I have future SAT score then got confirmation email from Pitt on 8/20, finally score sent to Pitt on 9/14. So which date will count as official starting reviewing period?

I am thinking it won’t start till the day they received your SAT scores.

My S received his acceptance letter in the doc center today!! Very excited…… Here are the relevant dates for those interested:

9/14 Submitted Common App
9/18 Application listed as complete
9/22 Portal changed to add extra info/buttons under Accept/Decline
9/23 Letter appeared in Doc Center (no email yet)

2 Likes

Are you in or out of state?

We are out of state…

Thank you! From what I am seeing on this thread OOS is getting a much quicker answer than the IS applicants. Congratulations!

Could someone maybe help me with this portal? When I read all of your messages in this chain, I can’t help but think there is something wrong with my son’s portal. There are 3 spots in ours for “application status”, none of which say much of anything (compared to every other college he’s applied to). There is absolutely no place for “documents”. I’ve clicked through everything multiple times, and never find any info and it has always had this “accept/decline admissions” link from the start that says we have no pending applications (see screenshot below). Should we be using the “highpoint” or “self service” links to the application status? Where do I find this document link?? Thanks!!

@hockeymom987 The document link is not in the portal, as far as I know. You get an email to access it. Sometimes, the email is a bit late; if a decision letter is available, you can access it using the link listed in message 113 in this thread.

There is also an app (same login) called Pitt ps mobile. This is where the buttons show up. You log in, then there’s a “hamburger” menu that brings up a row of tabs along the left side. Under admissions it says accept/decline admission. Click on that and it will say no pending applications or show the buttons for accept or decline, once admitted. Not sure what happens with rejections.