University of Pittsburgh Class of 2027 Official Discussion Thread

Two of my children applied via the Common App on 8/1. Each received an email today to set up their portals. Now just awaiting the link to complete the SRAR.

1 Like

Applied 8/5. Got email to activate portal today 8/9. But no link to complete the SRAR. Also portal doesn’t show any information.

2 Likes

My kid took it upon himself to call admissions yesterday and after a long long wait, they confirmed they do have his stuff, he’s in the system, but they just haven’t linked it up with the portal yet.
So we can all relax, I guess :slight_smile:

Thanks for the update. Did they tell how long it takes to link it to the portal?

Looks like they aren’t in a rush to start working on the applications. I heard in one info session they will start in September.

2 Likes

Did your kids receive a link to SRAR? My kid is still waiting for the link. He did get the portal email but not SRAR.

In the past, word count was included right after the essay prompt but nothing is listed anymore (at one point it said “up to 300 words”, at another point “200-300 words”, and way back when it was “suggested length of 250-500 words”. I’d just have your son or daughter reach out to admissions for clarification or ask at one of the honors virtual info sessions. I think my daughter’s essay was around 350 words last year. They will want to tie their answer into the Honors College somehow, if possible (My daughter tied in the BPhil option available thru Pitt Honors when answering the prompt). Good luck!

I have two that applied. Still waiting for the link to complete the SRAR. Hope that helps!

Thank You. He will applying this week and almost done with his common app essay. I told him to prepare the Honors college essay also.

1 Like

I don’t think that is a set maximum. We asked on our tour and they said anywhere from 100-500 and to not stress about the number of words?

1 Like

You don’t need to wait for the link to fill out the SRAR. My daughter confirmed with admissions that you can use the SRAR link on the Pitt admissions page. That’s what she did, and they confirmed yesterday that they have it.

Interesting! My son also called when he didn’t receive the link and the person he spoke with asked him not to fill out the SRAR until he had the personalized link. He said that they were having trouble syncing up the SRAR with the applications for those who weren’t waiting for the link. I guess it just depends on who you speak to when you call. My kids applied on 8/1 and both received their personalized link today.

My kid already filled out the SRAR for another university, so he is hoping it will not be too difficult to sync it up with Pitt
 it’s the same SRAR, isn’t it?

1 Like

I believe it’s the same one that used for every school. I’m sure they’ll let your son know if anything is missing. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Did the portal say “Your application is complete” or something like that? Mine is nothing.

My D’s portal also says nothing! From what I understand, the process of syncing everything up takes them a while - we were told 2-3 weeks. Once that is complete, they will begin to review the applications. I looked at last year’s thread, and the first person on CC to receive their acceptance posted on September 4, so I am hoping for a similar time frame this year.

1 Like

The portal looks very general with several links. Where do you see if the application is complete. We don’t see any application status.

You select Admissions and then select Application Status. Mine said “You do not have any applications”.

From the Pitt website

A few weeks after applying and submitting your application requirements, we recommend logging into the Student Center to ensure your application is complete. In the navigation on the left, choose admissions, then select application status. Select your current application and click the “View To Dos” button in the bottom right. If you do not see any to-dos, your application is in the review phase and you can expect to hear from us via email once your admissions decision is complete.

Ok got it. It says high school transcript in the todo list.
Thanks for your help.