University of Pittsburgh Class of 2027 Official Discussion Thread

Same with us…still waiting

Computer Science. I have an ACT of 31 and GPA 3.7 UW.

My son got the “buttons” in his portal yesterday (11/21)! He applied as a CS major in SCI, and his application went to review on October 17. Just waiting for the e-mail and official letter now.

3 Likes

My daughter was accepted for business. She applied early September and was admitted before end of September (not sure of exact dates). I did not realize how much smaller that program is than others. In any case, she is very excited about Pitt. It knocked her previous front runner out of first place, Univ of South Carolina (still waiting to hear).

4 Likes

The Business School at Pitt enrolls only about 350 freshman every year. The small size of the program is also part of why Pitt has risen to among the top in our consideration set. The curriculum underwent significant changes in 2020-21 and a new Business Analytics major is on offer in 2023. We are still waiting to hear back from IU Kelley for Direct Admission petition and other EA decisions in Jan.

2 Likes

Is there anyone that was accepted OOS Dietrich early on (early September) that has been offered merit anytime recently? Sort of feeling like if it wasn’t offered by now it’s not coming so hoping that’s not the case? Wasn’t expecting much but maybe just a little would be nice especially because other schools are offering.

I have a sophomore at USC… can’t say enough good things about it and their business school is one of the best, their international business is ranked number 1 in the country. My 2023 also applied so anxiously waiting to hear! She did not get into the business school at Pitt sadly.

1 Like

For those that were rejected - how did you hear? Letter in the document center? Also how long did it take? We are at about 6 weeks since applying and have seen others with the same dates on this thread accepted, so just wondering

1 Like

I don’t think I’ve seen any rejections. They offer a branch campus instead.

1 Like

Does anyone have experience with the mathematical biology major (or math major/bio major at Pitt)? I got accepted and am curious.

We are still waiting to hear also. Application in on 10/7. Not sure what it means.

2 Likes

I was just about to ask the same thing.

My son was accepted last week and received an email telling him that a decision was in his portal today🤪

4 Likes

Would you mind sharing basic stats? MS also applied for the school of business on 10/27. Did not check his email so SRAR did not get filled out until 11/8. Did not choose any branch campus. Just wondering what to expect. Thanks.

Sort of. I think the application was in by Sept 12. Accepted early in October.

23 heard about merit around November 10 or so. $5,000. OOS Dietrich 3.88 (but might be recalculated to 3.9?)

4.26 / 4.4

6 APs out of 12 or so available

Strong essay

Visited in person

1 Like

Hearty Congratulations! Can you please share his stats if you don’t mind? Thanks! Very happy for him.

My OOS DD23 who applied 9/11 got her Dietrich acceptance letter in the Document Center 9/20 and her letter offering 10K/year merit was dated 11/8. Good luck! I hope you get something soon!

1 Like

Wow! In-state and thats awesome on your pocket! Congratulations!

I have 2 at Pitt now but I am a business school grad of Duquesne University and they have an amazing business school. If your student is merit worthy, Duquesne will bring the cost below Pitt. (and even if you are full-pay). Just wanted to throw that out there for more options. They are rolling admissions as well.

Congrats! To which school did you apply?

1 Like