University of Pittsburgh Class of 2027 Official Discussion Thread

So if someone receives a video, he/she is accepted. Correct?

@Gatormama- My understanding is they use that video every year but that is indeed an acceptance video. Are you saying your applicant was not accepted last year but still received that video?

1 Like

Figured out, did not add Grading for my sonā€™s school. It makes sense now.

My kid was in 11th grade last year.
He toured Pitt last summer.
But he had no application.
It is not an acceptance video.
Heā€™s actually gotten it twice. Once in January. And once in April.
There was nothing it was tied to.

3 Likes

Looks like an advertising video, but being customized.

exactly

1 Like

Sounds like thereā€™s a few different videos out there. This is an example of a personalized acceptance video that somebody posted a few years back

1 Like

My older daughter got that same video a few yrs ago when she got accepted. We loved it. She didnā€™t go to Pitt, though.

I donā€™t think this current video is an acceptance. I think Pitt isnā€™t that far along in the process yet.

Their website and links definitely are confusingā€¦

4 Likes

Thanks for the info, this was one of my suspicions too, but I was hopeful! Hopefully, we will all hear some good news soon!

3 Likes

Ahh, memories! Thank you for sharing. My husband and I met at Pitt and so much in this video takes me right back to Oakland. Hopeful that Pitt will be on my S25ā€™s list! H2P!

1 Like

Both of my daughters (2020 and 2022) received personalized videos after acceptance.

2 Likes

Instead of no application found, it now says pending.

2 Likes

Just checked after reading your message, the same thing ā€œpendingā€.

2 Likes

Same. Glad something is happening!

2 Likes

Yup, you can pull down the little triangle and see more details.
Not sure what ā€œplan: undeclaredā€ means. They obv. know what major he applied for, b/c it says Dietrich.

1 Like

Same here. Dietrich but undeclared as well

1 Like

Pitt parent here. Everyone admitted to Dietrich is admitted as undeclared. You declare your major after you get there anytime up to the end of sophomore year.

4 Likes

Plan is undeclared for my son too. He applied to SCI

1 Like

Anyone get an acceptance or rejection?

2 Likes

Got an email that application was moved to review stage

1 Like