University of Pittsburgh Class of 2027 Official Discussion Thread

Do you mind sharing what day you got the email that your application was going into the review phase? My student applied about eight days after you and got that email on the 16th. Thanks and congrats!

2 Likes

Ah - that makes sense. Just crossing our fingers that we hear soon too. My daughter also applied on 8/1. Would you mind sharing your stats?

2 Likes

8/1: applied
8/2: email regarding activate Pitt account
8/5: email regarding link to Pitt Doc center
8/9: email regarding how you will hear from Pitt

hope this helps!

5 Likes

SAT: 1460
GPA (UW): 3.85
GPA (W): 4.27
9 AP courses with 1 Pitt dual course

6 Likes

Congratulations :confetti_ball:

1 Like

how do you even know if the application is complete and all elements have been received? how can you check, for example, if your SAT scores were received?

When did you submit the SRAR? When did they email you the link? Thank you

Go to the application status page. On the left are a bunch of icons, one of which is “academic.”

Click on that. Most of these subsections are irrelevant right now, but there’s one titled “test scores” - click on that and if your scores have showed up, they’ll be listed here.

Thanks- yeah. Scores are there. Application status still says pending.

1 Like

I applied on 8/1 on Pitt app and submitted my srar on the same day.

8/2: email regarding activate Pitt account
8/5: email regarding link to Pitt Doc center
8/9: email regarding how you will hear from Pitt

1 Like

thanks! but I still don’t see any documents in the document center though…

edit: just checked the document center again and there sits the acceptance letter!! so happy now :slight_smile:

8 Likes

My daughter received her acceptance letter today as well. It does not say anything about merit awards? I know the official statement is that merit can be handed out anytime between now and March, but is it less likely that she will receive merit if she did not receive it at the same time as acceptance?

3 Likes

Great. Did you receive any Pitt email?

no email though, just found the acceptance letter in document center

3 Likes

Congratulations. Did she apply on Aug 1st too?

Congrats.When did you receive the Pitt email that your application is under review?

Which school/major? I don’t think their merit comes with acceptance. I think it comes later.

In past years merit awards did not start coming out until November.

1 Like

Congrats!!

1 Like