University of Pittsburgh Class of 2027 Official Discussion Thread

No decision yet here. Midyear grades only just came out for us though.

This document gives outstanding information from Pittā€™s perspective, thanks

1 Like

Great catching up on this thread! Curious when news will break for those asked for mid year grades. Honors College is coming end of Feb. or early March! Merit is separate from accepted into Honors!
We are in state. For those who are OOS, if Pitt is too pricey, do a deep dive into your state school. For us University of MD was cost prohibitive, but what a great option for MD residents. I can say this about lots of state schools. Love the school that loves you back! And Hail to Pitt! Best of luck to those waiting to tie up loose ends!

7 Likes

Any insights on why you were asked to submit mid year grades? I listened to a podcast with an AO from Pitt, and he talked about consistency in grades - made it sound like this request was made of students who had had a dip in grades.

Does that sound right? Or more, students whose grades are not as high relative to the previous admitted class?

1 Like

Mine was asked to submit mid year grades and a week prior other sending them she was waitlisted. Kinda confused as to why they asked for mid year grades and didnā€™t wait for them. Not looking like Pitt is gonna happen for her and if it does, I doubt mine will wait it out until June.

Called Admissions and they said up to 4 weeks once mid year grades were uploaded. Even tho to do list said expect 2 :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

Kids who joined the Panther link, did they join the ā€œincoming studentsā€ group? My kid got an invite to join the incoming student group but is hesitant wondering if that group is meant for committed kids only or for everyone accepted.

1 Like

Not sure. I donā€™t know whether my kid joined - I havenā€™t peeked into that segment of the site.

2 Likes

Is Honor College decision coming out in 2/15?

1 Like

No clue. Where did you see that date?

1 Like

Anyone know if thereā€™s an LLC for Computer Science majors?

How are merit awards communicated? Through the portal? Document center?

2 Likes

My son found his on his portal. Nothing yet in the document center.

1 Like

May I ask where? I saw there are some different tabs.

I donā€™t believe there is. :confused:

@pinkslee and @mec93 Once you log into the portal, go to the left menu (blue color). Click on ā€œFinancials,ā€ then select ā€œView Financial Aid.ā€ Click on ā€œSpring Term 2023-24ā€ and ā€œFall Term 2023-24ā€ for details.

Just found out our son was waitlisted for the fall. Anyone else familiar with this? He applied 8/24 and was requested mid year grades. Was told he would still be considered an early applicant His weighted GPAis 4.6. All As and 2Bs for first semester. Fully aware he will not get any merit and thats ok. Huge legacy as myself, husband, and his older brother (Dec21) grad and sister (Junior) all went /going to Pitt. ( And we donate every yearšŸ˜›) . We are going to call to ask them to reconsider but wanted to see if anyone else has gone through this. So tired of all the waiting.

1 Like

I was responding to your question about an LLC for CS students. Iā€™m pretty sure there isnā€™t one.

1 Like

Why in the world was he waitlisted if he applied in August with a 4.6?

2 Likes

WHoops! Sorry, I have a hard time following replies here on CC!! Thatā€™s too bad about not having an LLC for CS students - I wonder if they can join engineering LLCā€¦

1 Like