University of Pittsburgh Class of 2028 Official Discussion Thread

Hey everyone, based on last year’s posts the application under review emails came out around 8/16 for those applied the first week. Starting this thread so people can share their application timing and decisions to help others who applied. Good luck everyone.

8 Likes

Applied Aug 2nd via Common App and SRAR submitted Aug 3rd.

Emails received so far:

• Name, activate your Pitt applicant account” on Aug 7th
  • “Thank you for applying to the University of Pittsburgh” on Aug 7th
  • “Link to Access Pitt Admissions documents” on Aug 9th
  • “Account Successfully Activated” on Aug 9th

Looking back at last year’s threads it looks like some people received a how you will hear from us email before the email on your application being under review around Aug 16th if they applied early. Has anyone received those yet?

1 Like

My daughter applied on 8/6 via Pitt app.

8/8 “Activate your Pitt account” email
8/8 “Thank you for applying”
8/9 “Account successfully activated”

Nothing since then!

1 Like

Following - good luck!

1 Like

Applied 8/1
SAT sent 8/1
Account activated 8/2
SRAR 8/7
“Thanks for applying” email 8/7
“Please keep this email - this is how you access your admission documents” 8/9
Nothing on “To-Do List”

2 Likes

Maybe they really are waiting until September to start reviewing…

1 Like

Does anyone know how early decisions went out last year?

1 Like

My daughter got hers 9/3 in 2021.

1 Like

There was someone last year that posted they found out Aug 29th with the accept/decline buttons in the portal. It seemed like most people that applied first couple of days went under review around Aug 16th and heard end of Aug or first week of Sept

2 Likes

Agreed. My recollection is my daughter had the buttons on 9/1 but no letter until a few days after. Letter was dated 9/3 but I don’t think she got the email to access it until a day or two later.

1 Like

Did you get an email yet that it is under review?

Not yet. Did you?

1 Like

Not yet, only applied last week.

Not yet. The last communication was “Please keep this email - this is how you access your admission documents” 8/9. Although multiple people told me last year that their decision was in the portal a couple of days before they heard from the school (via email). They just happened to log in and see that the decision was there. Hopefully, they will start to send out decisions before the holiday weekend.

2 Likes

Yeah, but I think that was after they got an email that their application is under review. I’m hoping it will be like last year when the first decisions came out around 8/31!

1 Like

Does anyone know if the guidance counselor report needs to be received before they will review the application? Our guidance counselor said she won’t start sending reports until mid-September. Everything else has been submitted, but the GC piece is the last thing for my daughter.

I don’t think a guidance counselor recommendation is necessary.

1 Like

Thanks - Definitely hope that’s the case!

According to this letters of recommendation are considered. I am not sure if they distinguish between teacher and counselor. Maybe someone else knows?

Is everyone applications pending and their last email was a link to access pitt documents

2 Likes