University of Pittsburgh Class of 2028 Official Discussion Thread

Bit of a random aside, but the density of good hospitals in that area is crazy. I know bigger cities might have more hospitals somewhere, but Pittsburgh is not such a big city. However, it is the main hospital city for a pretty big chunk of territory, with people coming from quite a distance for certain things. And then so many of those hospitals are in that one part of the city . . . .

Anyway, you basically already said this, but I just wanted to note that I have heard before it is something other people looking at going into health professions have seen as a big plus about Pitt.

2 Likes

Does that mean they are reviewing your app? How long was it from the time you received the ID to acceptance?

1 Like

My son’s timeline as following

8/19 submitted via Common App
8/21 Pitt downloaded his application
8/24 Received Pitt portal email
8/25 Pitt ID letter in Document Center
8/28 SRAR completed
8/29 To do item clear in portal
9/27 Button show up
9/28 Admitted letter in Document Center
10/3 Received personalized email

5 Likes

Cute “poster” and stickers came in the mail today from Pitt. D accepted to Nursing a month ago. First and only acceptance so far, so it’s exciting. OOS and have not seen Pitt yet.

13 Likes

Great nursing school. congrats!

1 Like

Son got into Swanson Bioengineering
All documents processed on 09/26
Accept/Decline Buttons appeared on 10/04
Letter posted on Doc center on 10/05

Pitt was his first application & admission, so we are all thrilled. It is a big relief!!

11 Likes

No that just means there is no decision yet. Hang tight.

Anyone’s kid got notification of merit award yet? I looked at last year’s chat and the earliest reported award was 10/7.

1 Like

Nothing yet. Should we “expect” merit for OOS Nursing?

1 Like

Not sure if merit awards depend on the student’s major but from what I read in the previous threads, larger merit awards are given to high stat OOS students than instate ones.

3 Likes

Are emails sent to students as progress is made in their application review process, or do they need to just check on a regular basis? Thanks!

We didn’t get any email while application status was pending. We only got email when admit letter is posted in documents center.

2 Likes

Weird. I haven’t gotten a single email from Pitt, even though she got in 2 weeks ago. No special personalized video, either. I’m glad we knew to check the portal, but we feel so alone. :rofl:

Pitt downloaded 9/25, we are still waiting for any email at all, including the portal email.

Our HS-provided college counselor says her information shows we are complete, but that the lack of a portal email is unusual by this point, so we are going to follow up to inquire with her help.

Yeah seems weird. You will get a people soft id number via letter the document center once it’s complete.

Something got lost somewhere. I am not 100% convinced S24 properly checked filters. We’ll see . . . .

Fortunately, our HS has a good relationship with Pitt, so they should be able to work it out.

Same here. D got accepted on 9/15 based on the letter in the document center but never got any email from them. We just make it a point to check the portal once in awhile (more like everyday while waiting for merit lol).

Congrats!! Just curious - what was the timing between Pitt confirming receipt of the application and notification of acceptance? Thanks!

Thanks!
D applied through Pitt system on 9/9 and never received any email about the application. We checked the Pitt system on 9/14 and saw the accept/decline buttons. Then 24 hrs later, the acceptance letter appeared in the document center. No email communication whatsoever from Pitt even up to now.

Wow Pitt must be listening because my daughter just got the video today!

1 Like