University of Pittsburgh Class of 2028 Official Discussion Thread

not sure… that is why asking that is it binding?

Can anyone post the acceptance letter copy?

Is your student 100% ready to commit?
If not, why commit now?
I believe the deposit is $300, non-refundable.

okay… we want to wait for Honors results…

There is no reason at all to commit now unless your student is sure he or she wants to attend. It isn’t binding, but requires a deposit, which you likely forfeit if s/he decides to attend a different school.

1 Like

OK, so, eventually I sorta take over, make a call to IT Help. 15 minutes or so on hold, 5 minute conversation, they resend Portal email. A little while later, we are into the portal site, and . . . buttons!

Incredibly anti-climatic way to learn, but whoohoo!

Looking back, applied 9/24, ID Letter is dated 9/29, buttons . . . no clue, but it is now 10/11.

3 Likes

No it’s not binding you have time until May-1-2024

What’s your stats score / gpa and major ?

Do NOT wait for the email of Acceptance Letter. It is created automatically in the Document Center after 1 day of Accept/Reject link. Click on the link for “Document Center” in one of Pitt’s email and you’ll see the PDF loaded there.

My son’s timeline for OOS Business School is as following:

9/20 submitted via Common App
9/21 Pitt downloaded his application
9/25 Received Pitt portal email
9/25 Pitt ID letter in Document Center
10/10 Application status “Complete” and Accept / Reject Button showed up
10/11 Accepted letter & Guaranteed Admission to MBS in Document Center
Waiting Received personalized email
Waiting Honors
Waiting Scholarship

Got the accept/reject thing on Tuesday the 10th, acceptance letter document Today (the 11th) for accounting! Waiting on scholarship.

GPA 3.96/SAT 1410 and Major was biological studies

1 Like

This may seem like a dumb request but I’ve waited 3 weeks now and anxious to know lol - can someone send a pic of what the accept/decline burtons look like? Just for my mental sanity … it’s under Admissions → Accept/Decline Admissions right?

Congrats!!
What’s your stats Gpa /score / AP’s / activities etc ?

1 Like

Congrats !!
What’s your stats for the business school ?

You will have to first see your admission status become Complete and button will show under Accept/Decline tab. Pitt website mentioned 6-8 weeks after all required materials are received so just have to be patient. At least you are still in the game. Additionally, every school meets at different time to review applications. As you have switched from applying Dietrich to Swanson, it may slow down your progress. I will suggest you to reach out admission office after your application is under review for at least 4 weeks. Not from the date you submitted but from the date all materials were in. Just to follow up if everything is OK since you changed school you want to apply. Good luck and stay positive.

9/20: Submitted Application
9/25: Completed SRAR
10/11 Application status complete with accept/decline buttons
OOO, test optional, Weighted GPA: 4.72, Dietrich School of Arts and Sciences

3 Likes

@SS_99 , was the application status “pending “ before it become “complete “? Thank you

Hang in there, all the best!

2 Likes

Actually I switched from Dietrich to School of Computing and Info, but looks like SCI hasn’t started meeting yet bc most acceptances so far are Dietrich and a few others. Thanks for the advice and encouragement. I will surely be patient and hang in there.

1 Like

Yes, it was pending before the status showed up.

1 Like

Application Status Pending

Application Status Complete

1 Like

Thank you!

OOS, Weighted GPA 4.5, SAT 1530, National Merit Semi Finalist, Lots of APs (with all 5s),
Took rigorous coursework @ HS including all business courses offered,
Explored selective business camps during Summer since 9th Grade,
Started a business to recycle clothing & donated profits to non profit,
Multiple ECs with leadership positions (Captain Mock Trial, Captain competitive Dance Team), Varsity Basketball

3 Likes