University of Pittsburgh Class of 2028 Official Discussion Thread

We didn’t get anything either. Kind of disappointing.

Where will you find out about merit scholarships? The document center?

@HGMom , Pitt hasn’t started giving the Merit scholarships yet. I believe Stamps is scholarship meant for PA students, only short listed students get interviews and some of them receive the scholarship.

1 Like

@kens024 , anytime starting now. But they give it in rolling basis, mostly in the order of application completion date.

1 Like

Thanks for the info! Is merit information shared via the Document Center?

@margaret13 , yes, as per last year thread .

1 Like

DD was offered 10k OOS. The letter was in the Document Center.
Historically what is the max amount for OOS?

6 Likes

Yay!! We got the same!! OOS Nursing. Congrats!

5 Likes

@Liz13 , last year the max merit aid for oos was $20k

DD got the same! 10k/yr oos - Dietrich.

5 Likes

Congratulations! So exciting that Pitt has started giving out merit awards!

1 Like

DD offered 10k/yr today as well. Nursing OOS

6 Likes

DD offered $15k per year today. OOS College of Business.

6 Likes

Did those of you receiving merit just happen to check the document center? Or did your student receive an email to check?

We checked the document center based on others commenting here. No email.

2 Likes

Is that all OOS so far?

In-state committee, you are falling way behind!

1 Like

Hi! Did your daughter apply for both a BS and for nursing grad school? Just curious on this as my dd applied for Nursing and I don’t know if it is for BS or with the admit for grad school.

Please post merit scholarship information here

1 Like

This is correct, but @Liz13. A $20,000 OOS award is rare. Congrats to those awarded $10,000 – that’s great getting that from Pitt. When comparing to other schools, look at bottom line, not the size of the merit award

2 Likes

My daughter is a Sr. in HS, and applied to Pitt’s BSN program. She was accepted, and as an added bonus, she was given guaranteed admission to their grad program. Is this what you are asking? On the undergrad application you can check a box asking to be considered for this program.

3 Likes