University of Pittsburgh Class of 2028 Official Discussion Thread

Just got my letter in doc center + guaranteed admissions letter!

5 Likes

Congrats @Morty5887 what GAP program??

School of Public and International Affairs

2 Likes

That’s great. And interesting. That GAP program works two ways - you can request consideration plus all social science majors are automatically considered.

My S24 is social science but did not get the GAP in his letter. I thought he might especially because he is the International Studies co-major but his stats aren’t as high as many and he did not specifically request.

So, did you request specifically ? Or did you get automatic consideration as a social science major?

That was always case lot of colleges it’s. 2 years back my DS got into CS at Pitt and other colleges what I realized you need to declare the major after 2-4 semesters depending on the college. There is no direct admission this is quite common in Public universities.

1 Like

I did not specifically request consideration and I applied as a Politics and Philosophy major. My stats weren’t great so I think he definitely has a shot esp if he requests. Hope this helps!

1 Like

Sorry for the confusion, no. I meant the comparison of her HS…a B+ was a 3.33 and at Pitt their B+ is a 3.25. It makes the 3.5 minimum for GAP a little harder to achieve.

1 Like

We did not request GAP specifically. Admitted 9/14 and received the GAP letter for the Graduate School of Public and International Affairs on 11/3.

1 Like

Congrats!

When did you get the GAP letter? My DD24 just found there’s Accept/decline button on her portal. Does she need to click Accept to go to the next step (She applied GAP as well)?

Thanks!

No, those are the very confusing buttons everyone gets. Accept means you plan to attend and then it will ask you to make a deposit. Just hold off on those for now unless you mean to say Yes.

Pitt does things in a strange order. The buttons appear, you get a letter in the document center, then you get a video and eventually a package.

2 Likes

The GAP letter appeared in the document center almost two months after acceptance came out. We haven’t accepted yet…still waiting to hear from other schools

1 Like

What’s a good hotel to stay at near campus?

1 Like

The Oaklander is easily the nicest but a little pricey.

I think the Residence Inn is the next nicest, but it is a little walk away.

The Hilton Garden Inn is a little closer and decent.

The Wyndham has the best location after the Oaklander, but is the least nice.

5 Likes

Agree with @NiceUnparticularMan

The Wyndham is right next door to the Oaklander and is always much cheaper while Oaklander is newer and more upscale. Both are right near Cathy.

1 Like

Totally agree.
Another tip if you stay at the Oaklander is to park in the Soldiers and Sailors garage rather than the hotel. It’s quite a bit less expensive, especially on the weekends.

4 Likes

Thanks for the tip!

1 Like

Regardless of where you stay go to the top level bar at The Oaklander and go out on the deck for a great view.

Also go to the observation decks up the inclines across the river

2 Likes

4.7 W / 4.0 UW
Rank 1/50

1 Like

Applied 10/15 - School of Computing & Information
Application In Review Email - 10/23
Have been waiting patiently. It has been a month.
Did anyone else who applied to the school of computing and information still not hear back?