University of Pittsburgh School of Nursing

Hello, everyone! I’m a current high school senior in Pittsburgh and Pitt Nursing is my top choice school. I have a good resume built up both academically and personally, but my test scores are not so good (1140, 24).
I guess I’m asking if there is anyone out there that has been accepted to the program that has/had poor test scores and were admitted based on other aspects of their application (i.e. grades, AP’s, honors classes, athletics, other things that make you stand out as an applicant).

Also, shout out to all the aspiring male nurses out there, there are few of us :wink:

I’d take one of the tests again to try to bring up your score. Even if it is too late for an admissions decision, sometimes it can earn you merit money from a college, even if the score is after you are admitted.

Treat Pitt as a reach, and submit applications soon for a number of safeties and matches. They may include some Pitt branch campuses or a Penn State branch such as Altoona. However, you may find out that Pitt branch nursing students have a difficult time transferring to the main campus.