University of Rochester Transfer Fall 2021

Hi everyone,

starting thread for transfer applicants to discuss applications, questions, decisions, etc.

1 Like

hello guys! does anyone know about the decision release process? it starts in april on a rolling basis?

I believe so. I think they specifically say 4-6 weeks after submitting your app you should have a decision on their website, but Im not 100% sure. The only thing that concerns me is that they give each person a unique reply deadline that is ~6 weeks after your decision, which could be before you get all of your decisions back from most places if youre applying to additional schools

1 Like

hi everyone! has anyone been interviewed yet ? if so, can you share your impressions. this will be my first transfer interview, so i want to learn a little bit more about the process. thank you :blue_heart:

Received my acceptance today. Anyone else?

@sailor2354 Congratulations!! Did you get any scholarship/aid?

Congratulations! When did you submit your app?

Thank you! I submitted it early - around mid-February, but I know from past threads that this is around the time decisions are released.

Thank you! I got an $11,000 merit scholarship but have yet to receive my financial aid package.

Was accepted yesterday too with 14K scholarship, submitted my app on the March 15 deadline exactly

Wow! That’s so fast! Congratulations!! :tada:

Thank you!

@24transferapp Congrats!! Do you mind me asking your intended major and stats?

I was also accepted on 3/31 and received a Merit Scholarship of $8,000 for the LGBTQ+ Pride Scholarship

Thank you!

I applied as a Neuroscience major on premed track

HS gpa: 3.9 uw/ 4.1 W (barely any APs but explained i took the max my HS offered)
College gpa: 3.9 (honors program) with 35 credits by the end of this semester

• GPAs definitely not perfect, I had multiple Bs in high school (in honors/AP stem courses) and a B+ in college S1
    Did not submit any test scores

I’m a rising sophomore and currently enrolled at cc

My strengths were definitely my EC’s, essays, and recs. Most of my EC’s came from high school (currently just working part time 2 different jobs, one is in Neuroscience research lab) and these all had significant depth and a clear focus towards the career i wrote about pursuing in my essays.

If you want any specific answers about my EC’s, essays, etc Id be more than happy to provide any info i can to help via message!

Goodluck to everyone else applying! :slight_smile:

@24transferapp Did you do a transfer interview as a part of your application?

No, I contacted them to try and set one up but I was told they don’t have any openings for transfer interviews at the moment

congrats! where did they send your acceptance?
email? or myroc portal?

Hi! Basically same stats here exactly, 3.95 gpa at cc, president of premed club, maintained a job as well as internship/ research at microbio lab and developed a patented antimicrobial agent whilst at this lab! Im premed looking to go into infectious disease. I did interview on the 31st. Still haven’t heard back! Where did they notify you of your acceptance, super anxious and cant wait to hear back. Congrats again!!

Thanks! I received an email telling me that my decision was available for viewing in myroc.