University of San Francisco Fall 2023 Admissions

Did anyone else get the housing email?

Yes I did too. Surprised this email came before the admissions were released. Not sure if this means admitted.

Yes I got it too and was surprised

Hi y’all…parent of a 2019 USF grad here. My info may be a bit dated by now, but when my S attended, he never once had a problem getting into a class. Also, to answer a question posted here - we were full freight! No regrets about anything. He had a great experience, made lifelong friends, all you’d hope for and expect from any school.

3 Likes

Just got in with a 24k per year scholarship.
Out of state (Arizona), 4.33 weighted, 3.93 unweighted. Over 200 volunteer hours, online business, NHS member, only three AP classes but lots of community college classes. And yes the housing email did spoil it haha but good luck to everyone!

5 Likes

I got in!!!

5 Likes

Yes on the housing email! Was confused, but figured it meant DD was in and we just had to wait for the official email.

1 Like

My daughter got in. No email yet but portal is updated. Received Provost Scholarship of $22K. We are OOS Arizona.

3 Likes

My son got in with 29k scholarship, in state and local

4 Likes

Daughter got acceptance email. No mention of merit even though she qualifies according to the website. Did merit come in your letters?

We asked about this but they calculate gpa with their own methods. D’s school is really rigorous which I’m now kind of regretting. Also her school offers no APs. But I really like USF and appreciate a Jesuit education. Apparently they don’t want any merit appeals. Schools that are ranked much higher offered a lot of merit but these are far away from us, on the other side of the coast, so that’s a strong consideration for us.

1 Like

Yes, the merit scholarship offer came with our admitted email. Major in Computer science 4.2x gpa

1 Like

Interesting. She’s emailing her admissions officer to ask. With no merit it’s simply too expensive.

1 Like

Same for us. No mention of merit. Without that, it is pretty much out for us. Too bad because DD loved the school and it would be close to us.

1 Like

Same. It’s 30k over her most expensive other choice. She has gotten merit everywhere else. :woman_shrugging:

Yes. Mine too. Other private schools have offered up to 25k /year. Nothing here is disappointing. Oh well! Lucky to have other choices.

1 Like

Love the school that loves you back!

Update: there was a merit scholarship on her Financial Aid offer (not need based)

4 Likes

Same thing with us which was confusing at first. D is thinking of Data Science major, not sure if anyone here knows about the program.

1 Like

Same!

1 Like