University of South Carolina Deferred students

Thank you! Trying to keep it all straight at this point! :crazy_face:

1 Like

Did anyone else receive the FASFA received email from financial aid? DD previously got the set up for VIP ID email.

My DD received it last night.

Yes - I did and I was deferred. I went into the system and it says that my FASA was received 1/23/23.

1 Like

Same. My date says received 1/26
the same day we got the VIP ID email. Also now have Columbia campus assigned and Fall 2023.

I think that’s a good sign
 why would you get a VIP ID if you weren’t accepted.

My daughter received the emails and she applied RD and is still waiting for decision

Where do you see “Fall 2023” at? Is this in the SSC portal? Mine did have to set that up, just curious why if we haven’t heard yet. My other daughter who is a sophomore there didn’t set that up till she was admitted.

1 Like

Yes the SSC portal. When we got the VIP ID email, it had us create that account. Prior to last night’s email there was nothing associated to DDs account. Now it has Columbia and Fall 2023 when you click on Financial Aid tab. Not sure it means anything at all. I have heard Aid and Admissions are completely separate.

Now I gotta go look again lol. Mine has a drop down box to select the school and year.

Same here. Seems like this is just part of the process and doesn’t mean anything.

Agree. Just doesn’t make sense to give them a vip ID if they weren’t accepted. Guess we will see!

2 Likes

So I click on the financial aid tab and then see this
 where does it say Fall 2023 for you?

If you click the Financial Aid Status or Eligibility box it allows the dropdown for campus selection.

It’s in a few places. Click on Eligibility and then Academic Progress. It shows an effective date of Fall 2023. Sounds like they are setting everyone up to receive Financial Aid regardless of status
but I could be wrong. I agree that it doesn’t make sense if you aren’t being admitted!

Yup ours shows Columbia there

2 Likes

Is this only if you filled out the FAFSA?

where is that? i dont even see that on my portal

1 Like

I just noticed the portal no longer has an admissions rep attached to it like it did before the deferral. Is that the same for everyone?

1 Like

Mine does but she applied regular decision and those are being released in march