University of South Carolina Deferred students

I don’t know how true it is but I go to a high school in Columbia where some parents work at USC so that rumor was going around.

1 Like

There wasn’t an email sent out for the first round of early action applicants who got in. It was out of nowhere.

1 Like

So my son got an email about financial aid. But there is nothing in the portal . He emailed them back and they have not answered .
My question is where did you see the title 9? Like a usc email ? My son is already accepted so I’m confused

The Title IV requirement notification came in an email from USC Financial Aid to my son. It had instructions in it on how to pull it up and agree/disagree to the form and hit submit. You had to log in to the Self Service portal and in the financial aid tab, there was a notice to complete it in there.

I guess some decisions are out and we’re just posted.

YEs, we have a decision dated today in our portal

And? Lol

Waitlisted :cry:

Okay how do you log on to the self service portal? When he goes to that portal it says VIP number which he has but then pw? Was there a pw given in a prior email or is it an account you have to create? Sorry we have been trying to figure it out and I even emailed and they said they could not discuss with me, it had to come from him.

1 Like

Sorry!!! Were you deferred or was this RD?

1 Like

Deferred

Same. Oh well.

Deferred EA. Now Waitlisted.

I was deferred and got into the bridge program.

D23 (OOS) was deferred back in December and just received acceptance. Never received email for VIP ID or FAFSA verification (been crickets from UofSC since Dec 14)

1 Like

Accepted!

3 Likes

My son was accepted for his second major, so the clues on the Self Service portal the last few days were accurate for him at least. Hopefully the same for your son as well!

Accepted to second choice major. Letter said business school (first choice) was already full.
OOS 1420 SAT 3.4 GPA. Was originally deferred. Will prob go elsewhere to study business.

Anybody know how hard it is to transfer into DM business school when not directly admitted?

My admissions counselor said it is just as hard. Even if you go in undecided and then want to declare business, it’s very hard. She actually told me to change my major and not go into business in order to get into the school. I thought that was the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard.

1 Like