University of South Carolina Waitlist (2022)

This is encouraging… please keep us posted! Our guidance counselor called last week and was told it was way too soon to know and that we had done everything possible and basically just have to wait.

Yesterday we went to Admitted Students Day at Bentley University and my son really liked it. I think he’s leaning towards that being his #1 but he’d still like to wait until he hears about SC. So we would put a deposit down on Bentley by May 1st. I’m praying we hear back before then!!! He’s between these two schools but is also considering U of Alabama and College of Charleston. He got into Auburn but for the spring semester so I doubt he’ll go there. Fingers crossed for everyone!!!

Has anyone heard anything yet?

Nope, still waiting. I feel like it is very popular this year. It has grown moreso each year but in our area of the Midwest far more people are interested in going than used to be. Not feeling all that positive esp for competitive first major choices, but still hopeful. Good luck all. There is something to be said for the students who REALLY want to be there.

Anyone seeing activity on the University of South Carolina waitlist yet?

Nope

We have not heard. Leaning towards choosing another school (Bentley) or considering not attending college. It’s been an emotional roller coaster. Will, of course, decide by 5/1. Good luck to all!

Good luck. It is frustrating, and tough for a lot of kids this year, that is for sure.

my child just got off of the waitlist. Has until 4/28 to accept. FYI, offer says business and nursing are full. Good luck all!!

2 Likes

Mine too!!!

2 Likes

Congratulations to all your kids who got off the waitlist!

We have heard nothing. My question is… you said business was full. My son applied for business. I assume this means he will not be offered a spot. Will they tell the kids on the waitlist who don’t get off the waitlist that they have not been accepted? I just wonder why they have not given us the courtesy of a rejection if they are full. To me, this is absolutely maddening. If they don’t know for sure, that’s understandable. We’ll wait until 5/15. But if they already have enough committed students for the business school why not let us know so we can move on with life? Honestly, I am not impressed with this school at all.

My son was offered a spot at Bentley U and we are considering it but the school is outrageously expensive. SC would be much cheaper. He is also considering not attending college at all in favor of pursuing a career in real estate. This whole process has been very tough on our family with all the unknowns.

Congratulations to everyone who knows for sure the path their children are taking!

1 Like

I hear you on the frustration. It definitely does not mean he is rejected, he will just get his second choice major if taken off of the waitlist. I researched on this site and last year a couple of people got off the waitlist around 4/23 or 4/24 and then quite a few more more on 4/27 and 4/28 and 4/29. So I would absolutely say he still has a chance but that he will need to be ok with his second major option.

Fingers crossed for you and him, please keep us updated!

Sorry, see my reply below, I replied to the whole thread instead of directly to you.

still nothing for me…my first choice was undecided and second was business :expressionless:

Thank you - I appreciate you sharing this information which is truly helpful! I believe his first and second choices are business majors though (Finance would be first choice, then Marketing as second choice, or something to that degree), so both are business majors. When they say business is full, I’m wondering if this means the entire school or just the general business major?

I think it means the entire school. I would call them, 803-777-7700, option 0, they have been very helpful to my daughter on the phone and I even called myself once because their hours coincide with high school hours and she couldn’t call. He can also live chat with them via the admissions website or he could email his counselor. They will still allow you to change your first/second choice major if that is a route he is willing to go. I would as least make sure his second major is non Business/non Darla Moore. But obviously would do it quickly! And if he is admitted he can then contact an advisor within Darla Moore about possibly transferring in later… but that is very difficult I believe.

Don’t give up hope! Both of my son’s (twins) were admitted to business but one of them will not be attending UofSC so I would think spots for business will re-open. I’m not actually sure if he has told UofSC yet that he’s not attending yet (even though I’ve reminded him many times).
Good luck!!

do you know what his stats were?

You can also submit an appeal although again, would need to act quickly!

1 Like

Unfortunately my understanding is that it doesn’t work like that (I used to think it did too). They count on a certain number of kids not attending and those are factored in so that whey they say it is “full” they still know some people will not attend. Not trying to be negative, just realistic. I would at least have a second major choice that is something other the Business. Of course I could be wrong, but I have done WAAAYYYY too much research lol. I know people who got in with their second choice after initial deferral and they were already told there was no way they would get into Business, that there wasn’t a waitlist even for people admitted prior to waitlist admissions.

1 Like

Oh bummer!!! Sorry, I’m a first time college mom and had no idea of that!