University of St. Andrews in Scotland -- Class of 2024

@SlimJim001 , @srmom2 , @collegemom3717 My daughter applied end of September to Glasgow, Edi, Birmingham, Aberdeen, and Exeter. She’s heard from Glasgow, Edi, and Birmingham (all acceptances). Nothing from the other two yet, and we’re thinking we’ll probably withdraw those applications.

@AngieFM, if she is happy with what she has, withdrawing the others is a great thing to do. Does she know what she wants to firm (and insure, if they are conditional)

oh yes- & congrats to her!!

Daughter got unconditional acceptance for International Relations this morning. Applied via Common App at end of Oct. Very excited!

My daughter as well (Unconditional for IR). Now the fun begins. She was also accepted to Glasgow and offered a £5000 per year discount on the tuition/fees…looks like revisiting Scotland in the Spring, and I know that there are far worse problems to have.

@NWhummingbird how rude of me…CONGRATULATIONS! I am sure she is over the moon with the news, and now has even more to be thankful for

Congrats to both of your daughters, @BOS-rules and @NWhummingbird! Guessing they were strong applicants- this is pretty early for IR unconditional offers :slight_smile:

My son was accepted but for his second choice major. First choice was IR. I wonder if possible to still get IR once there?

Do not attend St A hoping to do IR if not admitted to IR. You likely won’t even get the first year module as one of your three modules.

@VickiSoCal what is your thought/opinion on adding a language to IR? Daughter is considering a language as one of her two other courses and rounding out with a History/English/Sustainable Development module - stretching the StAs flexible study theory pretty far

Daughter just got an unconditional acceptance for honors English!!

Congrats! When did she apply?

Other than IR, if they meet the prerequisites and it fits in the schedule single honors students can add almost any two other modules they wish to the schedule first year. IR is only limited because of popularity.
Is she thinking of continuing a current language or starting a new one?
If you go to the module catalog for this year the times and course numbers almost never change.
Congrats to all the acceptances. Feel free to pm any questions or for a FB private group invite for American parents.

She applied October 15, and only for English

@srmom2 Congrats to your daughter! Crossing fingers my daughter will be accepted for English, too. I’m guessing an email notification accompanied the portal update?

@srmom2, is she firming, or she waiting for Oxbridge invites to come out?

Yes. Email notification to check the portal.

What time did you all hear back? Was it in the morning? I still haven’t heard back for economics

1030ish ET…

Son received unconditional offer from St. Andrews this morning to study Russian. He applied via UCAS on 14 October. Good luck to everyone!