University of Texas Canfield Business Honors Program Class of 2025 - UT BHP

Im an international student, and I applied to ut austin by the dec 1st deadline. i applied to cbhp as well, but haven’t received any type of interview call. does this mean I’m not really being considered as a prospective candidate?

Funny that you ask! I got rejected from McCombs last Saturday but my business honors app was deferred so I just have no idea what’s going on :frowning:

I don’t understand how they don’t communicate with each other. I know it is a big school, but it isn’t fair to students. I’m sorry to hear this. Chin up, something else will work out for you. Thank you for the update :sunny:

1 Like

Yeah… I spoke with an admissions counselor who told me that it’s possible that I could still get accepted into BHP and then have my original decision reverted. She said it’s happened in the past, albeit very rarely, but I’m working on my appeal right now and am crossing my fingers for that success :frowning:

My stats are 1/642, 4.2022W, 3.97UW, Assistant Service Manager at HEB, Project Coordination Internship through a local nonprofit, VP of Science NHS, Marching Band all four years (Bass Line Cptn past 2 years), I guess no really strong business activities which probably contributed to my rejection :confused:

I also should note that I didn’t include my test scores of a 1500… probably should’ve submitted that with my application so I’m going to include that in the appeal. Crossing my fingers! But also making sure that I evaluate my other options such as different colleges, internal transfers, etc

1 Like

@xanderzvc You’re an AA though, aren’t you? So what did UT admit you for if not McCombs? I would hang in there and definitely appeal? While you may not get BHP, you may still have a shot at McCombs, although BHP really does want to see some business activity/interests on your resume.

Also, in a year of Covid when no one knows how things will play out, people should definitely not be afraid to appeal. Last year there were people who got the CAP decision and then in late summer, like July or August, suddenly received acceptances. They may have also been flat out rejected. I can’t quite recall, but I know they were not at all accepted into UT and then just out of the blue got emails accepting them. UT claims half of all students are remote from home this year, which is astonishing to me, but it is what it is. An appeal never hurts.

I heard about that last year! And yeah I admittingly probably got on the business train a little too late because I only started considering it seriously at the beginning of this year! I don’t blame them at all, I know this has been a really tough and unprecedented year for applicants and colleges as well sifting through unprecedented amounts of applications!

They placed me in the Undeclared major under Undergraduate Studies! It’s not too bad and I’ve considered internally transferring, but I still want to hold just a small smidge of hope for the appeal to maybe cause a reconsideration for McCombs or even my second choice major Biochem (for preface, I want to go premed with a business background regardless so I can hopefully start a private practice in the future to provide medical services to people who otherwise would be extremely burdened by costs, especially minorities who historically have been repressed in our country). Either way, I’m not letting this get me down too much and I know college is all that you make of it rather than the actual college you go to!

That’s a great idea. My daughter has a friend in BHP who is pre-med, so anything is possible! Don’t give up.

Just received a call from Canfield! Accepted!!! Stats -
In state AA
Rank 6/661
President of NHS, MUN
2 jobs, 1 as a Mathnasium tutor 1 as a salesman at StateFarm
Varsity track captain
No SAT or ACT submitted
15 AP classes mostly 4s and 5s
Good essays great recommendation letters

3 Likes

Congratulations!

1 Like

Can you please post your stats and where you’re from?

Sorry, I saw your stats. Where are you from?

I’m from McKinney, Texas. DFW area

1 Like

My portal was updated this afternoon to accepted.
Stats:
In State AA, Austin area
Rank 2/625
President of Math Honor Society, Vice President of Student Council
Started city-wide lawn care company
Founded school’s first Investing Club
Varsity Basketball
1560 SAT
IB Diploma

4 Likes

Congratulations!

My daughter received a call today around 2:00 congratulating her on her acceptance, and her portal updated this evening around 5:30 PM. Hopefully more students are notified over the weekend. Good luck to everyone!

2 Likes

Congratulations!

Congrats!

Wonderful news! Congratulations.

1 Like

So I’ve been admitted to McCombs but no interview. I’m guessing this means a rejection. Sadly I applied on the last day of regular for BHP so I think that probably made it even worse.