University of Texas Canfield Business Honors Program Class of 2025 - UT BHP

Sorry about that! Did he get an email to chk the portal? Still waiting on my D’s decision.

No, just checked his portal

Same here but we also got an email to check the portal last night. Just out of curiosity, did your son already accept UT or was he waiting on this decision?

1 Like

No for my son to CBHP - OOS

He hasn’t accepted yet. UT is one of his top choices. How about your son

Does anyone have any general ideas about the meet and greet session tomorrow? Do we need to make any preparations?

Hi! I attended the meet and greet yesterday at 6 and it was great! There is nothing you need to do in advance, but if you have any questions about BHP, McCombs, or just UT in general, I would have them ready. Overall, it was pretty informative and lots of fun!

Thanks for answering! I didn’t know there are different sessions. How long did it take and how many people were there? And do we get to introduce ourselves?

I believe the one yesterday was just for out of state students, so ours was pretty small. There were about 25-30 students, another 5 or so parents, and then about 10 alumni + 2 coordinators. Very intimate session, and you will be able to introduce yourself and ask questions freely.

The one I attended was for in-state students. It took over an hour and there were about 50 people in attendance, but they separated us into breakout rooms of 6 where we introduced ourselves.

Nice to know that! Thanks!

Thanks! Great information!

Has anyone heard on merit scholarships from McCombs or CBHP?

Yes, I was notified yesterday that I was selected as a McCombs Scholar and was awarded a merit scholarship!

2 Likes

I was notified last week that I was also selected as a McCombs Scholar and received a full-tuition merit scholarship (In-State, CBHP)

2 Likes

Congratulation! Are you OOS?

Congratulations to you! That’s huge!

Hi I’m curious what major he was already accepted to before hearing about CBHP? My son is auto-admit and got into his third choice major, has not gotten an interview, and his BH application is still in review. We’re obviously not hopeful, especially since he got his 3rd choice major. Decisions are Wednesday.

Is his third choice major not in McCombs? If that’s the case then he will not get a BHP interview as you need to be accepted into McCombs to get into BHP. He can try transferring into McCombs, but he will essentially need a 4.0 to do so. If I’m misunderstanding I apologize and best wishes to him. My LHD has had a great experience with McCombs (and BHP).

Can you please share your daughters scores and othe ECC