University of Texas Canfield Business Honors Program Class of 2025 - UT BHP

has there been anymore acceptances? Because there hasnt been a huge batch yet and a few people have been admitted.

I think I have only read 2-3 acceptances so far. I am wondering if they are holding them all until they can notify everyone at once?

This year anything goes, but traditionally with BHP that isn’t how they do it. They tend to accept as they go.

I really hope so. Looking at the timeline for the Forty Acres scholarship, notification was supposed to start around this time and to qualify you have to be admitted to the CBHP. I just hope that they don’t not consider people because the BHP hasn’t released a large batch yet.

I believe I read that they’re already notified semi-finalists for Forty Acres somewhere. Or some round of people who were getting interviewed for that or something. I can’t recall, but if you look around you will find the timetable for it somewhere.

Here is the timeline https://www.texasexes.org/scholarships/forty-acres-scholars-program/apply#timeline

@galgirl123 says that semi-finalists were interviewed in early January. So, if you haven’t been notified by now, it sounds like you probably weren’t selected for a Forty Acres interview. Finalists are announced late January/early Feb.

I read that on the main UT forum that they were supposed to go out around this time, but I haven’t seen anyone post about getting one or knowing anyone who has received one

Very few get them. So it’s unlikely you might know many. I think maybe 3 or 4 in BHP per year. They are given by different departments so not all Forty Acres are BHP majors. For class of 2024 there are 25 total throughout the entire University. Many apply and don’t get interviews.

Here are last year’s class. You can look at each person’s profile to see who is sponsoring their scholarship, and whether it’s BHP or not.
https://www.texasexes.org/scholarships/forty-acres-scholars-program/meet-scholars/2024

Looking at the profiles, seven of the twenty-five scholars are BHP and two more are majoring in business honors. I know that the final amount of scholars is very few, however, according to this article, there were 193 semifinalists in the class of 2024 who received an interview. This leads me to believe that at least a few students on these forums might receive one

https://www.texasexes.org/scholarships/news/forty-acres-scholars-program-class-2024-finalists#:~:text=The%20Forty%20Acres%20Scholars%20Program,advance%20to%20a%20phone%20interview.

Business Honors is BHP. I think you meant to say they were all in Business Honors and 2 were in CSB which is the combined Computer Science Honors/BHP program.

Also, I forgot that with the Canfield donation and name change from BHP to CBHP about 2 years ago, the “BHP” program was expanded allowing for more students to be admitted as well as more scholarships available, which is fantastic for them to be able to attract these great students.

But again, by now, most are probably contacted. I know someone last year that received one, and it seems by now they already were thick in the process. It’s kept somewhat quiet until the official announcements are made, so maybe that is why no one has spoken up yet.

@srparent15 Do you think that if you apply to the university and CBHP by “the priority deadline” of November 1st, you’ll hear back about getting into the honors program by Feb 1 or just McCombs? Son was accepted in mid-dec to McCombs but hasn’t heard a peep about an interview. Is it possible to get in without the interview? I know you said that your daughter didn’t get in until President’s Day weekend, but had she applied by November 1st? I direct this to you since you seem well versed in all things UT. Thanks :slight_smile:

@Sfo2ord As far as CBHP, you can’t get in without an interview. She did apply by November 1 for UT and then within a week for the Honors program, or whatever the deadline was for that. The CBHP deadline is not Feb 1, so don’t worry if your son hasn’t yet heard anything, it is still possible he might. It won’t be until that March 1 date that he would be rejected from CBHP for sure.

Her process was application around November 1, Honors right after, accepted in first OOS batch in December, then radio silence until mid February with the contact for the CBHP interview and then acceptance soon thereafter.

2 Likes

@XanderZvc any updates on McCombs or BHP yet? Just wondering if anyone else has been accepted. Thanks!

1 Like

Anxiously awaiting an interview request for CBHP. Would you share if you are OOS and have received an interview? Thanks!

OOS and also anxiously awaiting. No updates since getting accepted to McCombs in December. Other than the 2-3 on this thread getting accepted we have heard of nobody else.

Thanks, @Sfo2ord. Also into McCombs in December and fingers crossed we hear something soon!

I’m OOS and got an interview (for both CBHP and CSB) back in December (which I think went really well!). Have not been admitted to McCombs yet. Applied priority. I know I’ll get a decision by Friday but I’m dying to know already ahhh

Is the decision date for BHP also Feb. 1st like Mccombs? Also has anyone gotten in yet?

According to the FAQ decisions for BHP if you applied by November 1 should come out by February 1

1 Like

That was confirmed to us by the folks in CBHP admissions. They said you “should” hear by Feb 1st if you applied priority to honors.

that’s not true

Q: When will I be notified if I’ve been accepted into an honors program?

A: Entering freshmen will be notified between mid-December and late March.