University of Tulsa Class of 2028 Official Discussion Thread

Here is a religious affiliation breakdown for TU. It is self-reported data, and, of course, not every student chooses to report it.

3 Likes

DD applied on Friday! Question, does she also need to apply to the honors college, or is admission automatic for accepted National Merit Semifinalists?

1 Like

She will need to apply separately to that. This is a change for the new year. Last year it was automatic, but not everyone it turned out wanted to do Honors. So this year a separate application.

My son and I will be touring on Monday! Do they tour the recreation center? Are there any places that we may want to go see that are not included on the tour?

You can certainly tour the rec center, which is great. Just ask the tour guide to walk you over there. If you are interested in meeting professors in any particular discipline, let me know and I can arrange that too. The campus is 220 acres, very beautiful. Your tour will give you a good look at it all, but I can definitely get you in anywhere specifically.

1 Like

Hi there! Wondering if any NMSF applicants have received an official acceptance yet? Daughter has applied, has received an invitation to scholars day in January and an invitation to apply for honors college, but no official acceptance. :thinking:

Not yet. Those who applied by 11/1 will have decisions announced on 12/15. Hope that helps.

3 Likes

Thank you! He is excited to see the campus and explore a little bit of Tulsa.

1 Like

I’m curious about what percent of students identify as LGBTQ+ at TU? Thanks!

I will get you the exact data on this. We have a strong LGBTQ+ community on campus and in the city. More to follow on this…

1 Like

I asked our Institutional Data person on this and he rightfully noted that we don’t poll people on this question. So I can’t quantify it for you, alas. But we do have a welcoming atmosphere for LGTBQ students and many students who I know are members of this community.

1 Like

I understand there is women’s varsity rowing, but is there men’s club rowing offered? Thanks!

Yes, we have a women’s D1 rowing team. But we don’t have men’s rowing at the club or D1 level, alas.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.