University of Vermont Early Action/Early Decision for Fall 2024 Admissions

This is the official thread for those applying EA/ED to University of Vermont.

List your unweighted GPA, any SAT /ACT scores, and ECs. What majors are you going into?
Ask your questions, the CC community is here to help!

2 Likes

Hello there! Hoping for a robust discusion here :grinning:

Kid has a 3.8 GPA (no honors, no APs, no test scores)
Amazing ECs working with animals and hoping to major in Animal Science and planning to ED!

1 Like

S24 applying EA. Am I reading their website correctly and he needs to send an official SAT report?

D24 applied EA, OOS. Poli. Sci. 3.83 uw,4.1w test optional. 8 APs, 3 honors, 1 DE. Really good ECs and likely above average essays. We visited last year. Applied today, time will tell…

2 Likes

S24 has almost identical stats. Applied EA to business program. Grandmother lives in Burlington, so he’s spent a bunch of time there!

2 Likes

My ds is a senior and really loves the poli sci program. Pm me if she’d like to connect with a student to ask questions.

1 Like

OOS D24 applied EA. 4.0 UW, no test scores, 5APs, 2 DE, accelerated/honors track, Pre-Med. ECs are primarily sports (3 varsity) and part-time coaching jobs with little ones.

2 Likes

OOS S24 Applied EA. 3.6, 1450 SAT, 3 APs, 5 Honors, ECs are a mix of long time volunteer, sports, and PT job. Major: psych. Lets hope for the best.

2 Likes

Yes. My notes on UVM is that the SAT scores need to arrive by the application deadline. If you have not done so but applied EA, I suggest asking for an extension and see what they say. Otherwise they probably will put you in the ED pool

In-state DS applied EA. 4.02 UW GPA, test optional, 4 APs, good extracurriculars (professional/working actor, student govt, arts, crew, rock-climbing team, snowboarding team) Scholastic Key Silver award for photography, summer job at a ski resort/adventure park, strong essays

1 Like

Thanks, it is done.

And sorry, I meant to say RD pool. I hope I did not confuse you.

ha, nope, got it!

3.55 GPA, AP and Honors courses (AP Calc, APUSH, AP CAD, some others & CP level courses, 1360 SAT, Rowing, Boy Scouts, service and volunteer hours… Applied Early Decision.

Not sure if this will get him in. I know it’s a little under the average admissions

Looks pretty good. We are going ED as well…

3.55, 1360 SAT, Rowing, AP & Honors courses. GPA is a bit under UVMs average admission, but hoping for the best with early decision…

1 Like

Trying to get organized… I think UVM sends out ea decisions starting in mid December, and that decision will include any merit and honors?

1 Like

That’s what happened for my son last year.

1 Like

Correct–except that in addition to the Honors College the university’s College of Arts and Sciences offers six LASP (Liberal Arts Studies Programs) that first-year students can only apply for post acceptance. So while you will be notified whether you are offered a spot in the Honors Program at acceptance, you can still choose to apply for an honors program through LASP post-acceptance.
https://www.uvm.edu/cas/applying-lasp

2 Likes

When should we expect our UVM EA admission decisions—maybe based on recent years?