University of Vermont Early Decision/Early Action Fall 2023

I’m OOS, so it’s not. I think.

2 Likes

Henderson is a grant and need based. Presidential is a scholarship and merit based.

Here is more on Henderson:

“Vermont first-time, first-year and transfer applicants who demonstrate financial need, academic merit, and a commitment to social justice and/or to diversity and who submit their FAFSA prior to the priority financial aid deadline, may be considered for the UVM Henderson Grant. Eligibility for the Henderson Grant is based on financial need and will be indicated in your UVM financial aid award.”

1 Like

Are these scholarships both need based and merit based? Or do financial aid packages come out later?

I think they’re merit?? Could be wrong.

1 Like

Yes. DD accepted but can’t see the scholarship page. Error. Still :partying_face:

1 Like

I’m not sure that the Henderson requires need- we are fortunate enough that we would not qualify if it did. My son got a lower amount than posted above, though (2,000/year), so need may impact the amount. My googling showed that is that it is used to increase diversity of various types- geographic, socio-economic, and/or racial.

ETA- I may be wrong based on what someone else posted. Maybe need is one means of qualifying? :woman_shrugging:t2:

Accepted EA! With honors college invite and presidential scholarship.

OOS
4.0 UW GPA, 4.53 W
1540 SAT

9 Likes

My daughter got in too for neuroscience! OOS, top presidential scholarship. No Honors College which suprised me, but she is ok without it.

5 Likes

Has anybody had any luck accessing the financial aid offers?

1 Like

No Honors College here either, which surprised me as well, but what the heck do I know :slight_smile:
OOS math major, $17k Presidential plus $3k “Innovate the Future” scholarships.

2 Likes

My daughter (well, one of my twin daughters) is in! This is her first decision - EA or otherwise - and she’s very pleased. FWIW:

• OOS
  • 4.65/5.00 Weighted GPA
  • 1430 SATs
  • Decent ECs, great essays
  • Presidential Scholarship ($16k — which is pretty sweet)
  • No Honors College (which, if I’m being honest, I was a bit surprised by…)
  • Rubenstein School of Environment & Natural Resources
  • No luck getting into the Financial Aid link as of yet

Congrats to all those who received good news today!

3 Likes

The Henderson is need based. Presidential is merit.

I’m not sure about financial aid.

1 Like

The post I shared above says it’s based on need plus academics plus diversity-related considerations.

DS accepted with 12k Trustee Scholarship!
College of Life Science and Agriculture - Biochemistry.

3.3UW/3.7W
Strong ECs (No leadership) and good Essays.
Assume LORS were good, but did not see them.

Got accepted ED w/ the presidential scholarship $68,000 total ($8,500 per semester for up to 8 semesters)

OOS Applicant
3.73 unweighted GPA
No SAT score
Lots of ECs
Very good personal statement essay, but my optional “Why UVM” essay was pretty basic

Where do you see the scholarships? In the offer letter ? Financial aid link still down

2 Likes

Ours was in the acceptance letter (2nd paragraph was all scholarship info).

2 Likes

No mention of anything :flushed:

DD got accepted EA! Maths
GPA 3.87UW, 4.4W, lots of EC, leadership, national scholar Hispanic, no SATs
20k/year presidential scholarship + 3k/year innovation award
Honors college
Wow - she had a great personal essay but the extra essay was a little weird. We didn’t expect a yes!

Can’t access Financial aid page but I don’t expect any extra scholarship based on the requirements for that one. It’s ok! We are pretty happy!

2 Likes

DD accepted EA to College of Education.
GPA 4.0, no tests
school doesn’t rank & only offers APs Jr Sr years
2 years volunteer tutoring 2x week
Trustee scholarship 7500 per semester
No honors invite but it’s not her style so she wasn’t bummed

Have your kids check out all the social media groups. There are facebook groups for 2027 students and also a parent group too. DD told me there’s a group on Instagram too. Finally there’s an app/website called Zeeme where students can meet other students who are interested in or accepted by colleges. My daughter has made a great group of UVM friends already!

6 Likes