University of Vermont Early Decision/Early Action Fall 2023

The DoubleTree is only where you check in and get the shuttle campus.

My son went through this last year. Was not accepted into honors originally. Wrote to admissions and honors department that he was very interested in attending UVM and honors would be a deciding factor. Asked to be on a waitlist and considered for Honors. Was finally accepted to Honors in April (2 days after returning from his on campus admit day visit. Ugh.) Amount of offer went up by $2,000 I think.

Per website: In addition, in early March we notify students if they have been placed on the Honors College waitlist and will be in contact with those student through the spring. Early applicants who do not receive an invitation soon when first admitted to UVM may receive one as late as March.

1 Like

I’m crossing my fingers! I called my admissions counselor yesterday and he said he would ask the Honors College to review me, so we will see what comes of it.

4 Likes

Any word on your appeal to Honors college? Just wondering if it is something that is effective.

Oops- forgot to say that they told me no!
I’d still recommend giving it a shot, as it was super quick to call the admissions counselor and no harm was done.
(No hard feelings here- I’ve committed to UCONN :wink:)

6 Likes

What time do they release Learning Communities tomorrow?

My daughter was just checking her portal and saw classes listed under the registrar section, scroll down to student schedule. I thought they talked with an advisor first before selecting classes. Are these classes final?

I remember seeing somewhere (not sure where…maybe on the parent FB page) that they pre-assigned some freshman level classes based on their major progression or classes they should take freshman year, but that it’s just computer generated and they can be changed when they meet with their advisor.

Learning Community assignments are out!

Also, looks like room and roommate selection process are different this year.