University of Washington Class of 2027 Official Thread

So it will be 10th now most probably. Better we know now.

5 Likes

Yes, my daughter got the same email.

2 Likes

Yep, same email. So not sure how others are reporting they’ve received a decision?

Rumors, rumors. We appreciate UW setting it straight. Saves my son 100 portal refreshes.

4 Likes

Amen to this!

1 Like

My daughter did not get an email about the March 9-15 decision dates. Anybody know why? Her last email from UW on 2/16 said March 1-15. She is applying as an out of state student.

1 Like

Don’t read into it check spam I’m sure it’s just a fluke good luck to your daughter !

1 Like

After going through all this college stuff w/ back-to-back kids for what feels like years
 we can squeeze out another week. If it’s good news, my son says I can go ahead and pay the admit fee and he’ll be the first to commit! ($374 fee I believe if anyone’s curious). My daughter waited until the end of April last year, so we’re grateful for the decisiveness!

And, if it’s not good news
 my wife says that she’ll be hiding anything purple or that may have the letter “W” in the house.

7 Likes

If its CS Direct admit, I will be the second one :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My daughter has been giving her many UW hoodies the side eye for weeks! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

They report in-state CS acceptance rate at 27% so not all that bad. Seems like they accept the really strong in-state CS applicants. 3.9+ (unweighted) w/ AP’s, and strong course rigor including senior year. Just a hunch that that AP calc and AP physics would likely help. Best of luck!

no email in any spam folders - did everyone get that email yesterday?

1 Like

My son and all his friends who applied got it yesterday about 3:15 pm local time. He told me texts were going around about it. I’d just make sure you can log into MyUW portal and I doubt it’s an issue. You can check application status in there.

4 Likes

E-mail text is below. Maybe they only sent it to those who they thought “haven’t logged in for a while”.

It’s nearly time — decisions will be available between March 9 and 15! This is just a reminder that your UW NetID is required to log in to your MyUW portal, where you will find your admission decision when it’s ready. If it’s been a while since you logged into your MyUW portal, we encourage you to take a minute to make sure you can access the application information section to avoid any issues when decisions are released. Please note that we are unable to provide admission decisions over the phone or via email.

Thanks a lot and same to you. I have all this but every other kid in state have these stats so not sure what makes the difference. I have 1580 SAT which is strong but UW being test optional not sure if that will help. Keeping my fingers crossed.

As far as OOS direct to CS goes, now that looks like a whole different story at 3-4% acceptance reported. That may require a four-leaf clover and perhaps a Ouija board.

1 Like

It is a little more than being test optional; UW states that they do not look at the test score, except in very few borderline cases, so they are closer to test blind. But I am sure you have all the other numbers to be competitive. At that point it is a holistic decision and you can only hope for the best. Wishing luck to you and everyone on this thread. :crossed_fingers: :four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes

Yes, but my D received and I did not albeit I have received other e mail from UW.

Sounds like you have a good shot! 27% isn’t too low.

2 Likes

I too think, you have decent shot with 27% acceptance in-state

4 Likes